Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

help settle a argument... dishrags haha

Posted by   + Show Post

My mom drives me nuts when she comes over,  she made a mess in my kitchen, example spills coffee, she uses the rag im using to do dishes with to clean it up, and expects me to use that same rag to finish doing dishes.  To me this is disgusting, She says its normal. What do you moms do? I use clorox wipes to clean messes, and rags only if its a big mess but only use that rag for that. Do you moms use the same rag for multiple things?

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No-- I actually use one of those sponges with soap in the handle for dishes. If I use a cloth to wipe up a mess, it goes in the wash. They harbor MICROBES!
ClaribelC
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I use a separate rag for counters only and use a paper towel for dishes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ClaribelC
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I use a separate rag for counters only and use a paper towel for dishes
pasteeater
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have two rags.  One for dishes and one for wiping and they get washed after every use.  I'm not a neat freak by any standards but that's one thing I can't do.  I use three in the bathroom.  One for the sink, one for the tub and one for the toilet too.  So does my son.  I think it's nasty otherwise.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I do depending on what it is that I'm cleaning. 

I mean I wouldn't take a rag from the kitchen and clean say a wall or the bathroom or the tv with it. I will use the same rag to clean up a spill of food or something then rinse it out really well and use it to do the dishes. 

Probably shouldn't be doing that. Contamination. Who knows what's on the counter. Unless it was clean before she spilled something on it. Sometimes I think I take that food borne illnesses chapter in culinary a bit too far.

wedding countdown

supermomz25
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM

we use the dish rag to clean the dishes and we use clorox wipes for the counters, tables and spills

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I use Clorox or Lysol wipes for messes.

kgrove93
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

it's disgusting to use the same rag for everything i can't do the dishes with a rag i uesd to clean with family car

CafeMom Tickers
CAMom5472
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I would use it for both. Theres no gem factor involved if its food stuff unless she wipes a spill up on the floor.Talk about annoying...my kids and dh are famous for using hand towels for wiping spills on counters and floor!HELLO they are for drying and wiping wet hands!lol
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Her drink on the counter isnt going to make your dishwater any dirtier than the food your washing off your dishes. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN