Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

so we were watching family guy...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 29 Replies
And ds WAS sleeping. He just happened to wake up during the part of the episode where lois was pushing out baby jesus, and now ds knows how babies come out. Lol. He explains it as "the dr puts his hand where your winky should be if you had a winky and it hurts and you go like this **clenches fists and squishes face** and the baby comes out". Kinda vague, but with him not quite 4 yet I don't feel the need to elaborate. Lol.

So how did you guys explain childbirth to a future older sibling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM

We haven't really talked about it in detail yet.

MommyMarcoux
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I have chosen not to explain it yet, as my two are four and three. They know mommy is having another baby, but I haven't seen the need to explain how she will be entering the world to them just yet. I figure I will explain it to them when they are a little bit older. My husband will take over the talks with our son; I will manage them with our daughters.

chattycassie
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I told them babies come from mommies tummies when they were young nothing more detailed. I am SO glad I NVR watch family guy that is the worse show ever,

AleaKat
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Haven't gotten there yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM
When they were little they thought they came from mommies belly. When they were older I told them the truth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I love family guy. Its hilarious!

Quoting chattycassie:

I told them babies come from mommies tummies when they were young nothing more detailed. I am SO glad I NVR watch family guy that is the worse show ever,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Ds had been asking since we told him that he was going to be a big brother. Lol. He saw the scar from his c-section and said "im sorry I broke your tummy".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cerainwondrland
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
My ds will be 22 months when this one is born next month. I told him there's a baby in my belly and now he thinks tummys are called babies lmao. Anything I tell him about childbirth is over his head right now...
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Mine is 4 in a week and wants to know too much. Lol. The explanation I give him are never enough. Im due in july and have been trying to figure out how much to tell him

Quoting cerainwondrland:

My ds will be 22 months when this one is born next month. I told him there's a baby in my belly and now he thinks tummys are called babies lmao. Anything I tell him about childbirth is over his head right now...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toni77
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My oldest was 4 when I was pregnant and I told him the truth. If I could have had a home birth and had him there I would have. I don't find it necessary to lie to them when they ask.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)