Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I have a 4 year old daughter who from the moment she was born she was as stubborn as her mama. I knew she would test my wills but OH my GOD seriously my child!!! 

I had an endo biopsy which for MOST people isn't that big of a deal it supposed to take 5-10min max mine took 20 because there is a mass in my uterus and they were trying to get to it to get a sample without having to go the more knock me out OR route. So I am bleeding like a stuck pig, cramping worse than I ever have in my life and she is acting a fool. All our usual discipline tricks and tips haven't worked, she just wont listen. She screamed at me, slammed her door, bit me, hit me. I finally just took all her toys out of her room and made her sit in there for 4 min. When she was done she called me a "evil" :(

I know she is feeding off me being in pain and exhausted so I am trying so very hard to be patient but I am getting NOWHERE. I also have an autistic two year old that she keeps provoking and making her throw a fit and hurt herself because she knows it will get a reaction off of me. 

I need help ladies 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (11-18):
kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I'm extremely grateful, but that's 2.5 weeks to three without the girls.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

That's great that your mom is able to come help!

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

That's rough! I would strongly recommend building a good support system. In the meantime you can find a good sitter on places like sittercity.com

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Sorry! How about a neighbor? Someone from church?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Do you have any family or friends that can come over and help so that you can focus on recovery?

No, we are stationed 1059 miles from family and our friends all have either jobs or kids of their own and I mean kids who were just born. 

I just have my husband who works. We dont attend church here, none of them were a good fit

We leave in 5 months and in 3 weeks Im having a hysterectomy and my mom will have to come get the kids because his command wont let him off for as long as I will need him to be off work. oh well. I had a great support system then they all moved off 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I would also try to find a reliable sitter. I would contact a college and see if any students going for some type of Childhood Development degree needed experience credits. And tell them to come on over. Good luck dear!!

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I have some other wives I can call on but sitters have never worked out because of my two yr olds fits, stiming and all around just not in a good place yet therapy wise behavior.

Quoting goddess99:

I would also try to find a reliable sitter. I would contact a college and see if any students going for some type of Childhood Development degree needed experience credits. And tell them to come on over. Good luck dear!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Sorry mama! I think sticking to your guns will help!

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Oh geez... I'm sorry mama! Its really rough without a support system. 

yinchi05
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My son has been pushing my buttons for quite a while now so I have taken everything away from him. His room is shared with his older brother so I took a blanket and put him in the spare living room. (We have two) he has no tv , no toys, nothing. His behavior has improved a little. He received his room back and again started doing this again so were nback to square one. I plan on doing this till he takes me seriously.

emarin77
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

If you have a child with Autism I suggest him/her getting respite at the respite house while you are recovering.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM

That is hard, having read through some of the other responses, I am going to skip my usual route of family and friends, as they don't seem to be an option for you.  You talk about huby being stationed... does the base where he works/area you live in have any play groups that at least the 4 year old could go to?

I would say once you are feeling better, to try to find some way to network and meet other people that can be a support system for you.  You sound like you could definitely use it... Other than that, I don't have anything for you other than I hope you feel better soon!

feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)