Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Question about Birth Control...anyone that can help plz do.

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

My doctor put me on microgestin, its the 21 day pill then off for a week. I have been off now for 3 days and still no AF. I took a preg. test just to make sure and of course it was negative, but if I don't start should I still start my 2nd pack of pills on Sunday like I would had I had AF? This has never happened before so IDK what to do LOL

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM

hope things work out....check with your drs.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I would think it could be normal because it takes your body time to adjust to different birth control but that's just a guess. Call your doctor tomorrow and ask them. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I am on these same pills. My doc put me on them so I could take them continually and skip my periods if I want. I usually will skip a couple but then make myself have one so I can just make sure everything is ok :) but when I have a period I usually dont start until day 3 or 4 of not taking it.

sunnshine_mama
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
You can skip your period why did I not know this lol! I ended up starting 3 hours after post lol

Quoting breebree04:

I am on these same pills. My doc put me on them so I could take them continually and skip my periods if I want. I usually will skip a couple but then make myself have one so I can just make sure everything is ok :) but when I have a period I usually dont start until day 3 or 4 of not taking it.

breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

lol yes. When you finish with week 3 you immediately start your new pack. You just dont skip a week at the end and then when or if you want to have your period you just do what you normally would do and dont take anything on the 4th week

Quoting sunnshine_mama:

You can skip your period why did I not know this lol! I ended up starting 3 hours after post lol

Quoting breebree04:

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I think sometimes it just takes awhile for your body to adjust to them.

MommyMarcoux
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Yes, you should still strat your next pack. The amount of hormones in those are miniscule compared to your average BCP. It can take a while for them to get you on a schedule. Just continue to take a pregnancy test if you don't get your cycle back to be sure you aren't pregnant. Be sure to bring it up at your next doctor's visit as well. But don't stress about it and don't stop taking them until your doctor says to do so.

sunnshine_mama
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM
That's music to my ears lol

Quoting breebree04:

lol yes. When you finish with week 3 you immediately start your new pack. You just dont skip a week at the end and then when or if you want to have your period you just do what you normally would do and dont take anything on the 4th week

Quoting sunnshine_mama:

Quoting breebree04:

momstermom85
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)