Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

skin care, wrinkle prevention..aging etc..

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

Just curious what you all do or have done for you skin? I turned 30 last may, so yes, that means I am almost 31 but let's just call it 30 last may..haha

Anyway. Every since my first dd was born I have had hormone imbalances and get very bad acne at least once a month. I am looking for a good skin care product that helps with acne and wrinkle prevention. I use proactiv which is great for keeping my face clean but when my hormone acne flares up there is nothing I can do for it...it just sucks and I just have to ride it out. Normally it happens a week before my period and by time my period is over the acne is gone. However my period comes and goes when it wants to so If I don't get my period I battle with the acne until I do....ugh! anyway I like the proacitv but I would love to start a skin care regiment for wrinkles and things since I am 30 and I know those things could start affecting me. Just not sure how I am to do that and proactiv, Hate to use to much ya know.

what do you all do? anything?

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I use a regular face wash, then I use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water and then an aloe based moisturizor. I have had the same problem since I had my son. My skin after the first week is so much better. I have been doing this for a month and I love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Talk to your doctor about getting on the pill for your hormonal imbalance. It works wonders on adult acne.

also I use nutragena day face cream.. (It's in a little silver pump bottle) it's great for sensitive skin, and it has retinol in it (which is for fine lines and such) and for night time, I bust open a vitimin A capsule (which IS retinol) and rub it on my face... It's a little thicker, so it's better for night time, and also because of the thickness, I only do it 3 times a week.

ameraznkimko
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I use an a system with essential oils. It's called the ART system and is great for breakouts and aging skin. I also use frankincense essential oil and it does wonders..sometimes I use lavender..and do a spot treatment with the essential beauty serum for acne that is a blend of different essential oils for breakouts.
breebree04
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM

This is what I do also, except for instead of the aloe moisturizer I use a loreal face moisturizer

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

I use a regular face wash, then I use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water and then an aloe based moisturizor. I have had the same problem since I had my son. My skin after the first week is so much better. I have been doing this for a month and I love it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Clinique has a line of products.
EarlGrayHot
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

You desperately need to consult a dermatologist.  That's the only way you'll get the right answers.  As for wrinkles-they're coming whether you want them or not.  There really is no magic wrinkle preventer but I think of my wrinkles as hard-won and normal-the battle sacrs of living to an old age.  They don't bother me a bit.

momamanda
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I feel the same way but I do know there are natural ways to slow them down anyway.

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

You desperately need to consult a dermatologist.  That's the only way you'll get the right answers.  As for wrinkles-they're coming whether you want them or not.  There really is no magic wrinkle preventer but I think of my wrinkles as hard-won and normal-the battle sacrs of living to an old age.  They don't bother me a bit.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I'm 40, I just wash my face daily. No special creams .

AromaDrops33
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I'm not sure if you've found something already, but I highly recommend Jordan Essentials. These products are natural botanical based with no chemicals or toxins at all. They really do work and make your skin feel and look amazing. Let me know if I can give you more information :)

OliviasMommy611
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I see a dermatologist. Have you thought of doing that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN