Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

DHS

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
So DHS has an open case because my now xh failed a drug test. They came to check up on me and my kids and do whatever they can do to.help. she said there's not a.chance of me losing the kids because I have a.safe place for.them, I have a job and because of the protective order between me and my xh. She also said they'll be making visits every two weeks and they will have a plan of action for me to look over and sign. Part of this plan includes me taking parenting classes. Which is fine with me as long as I can keep my babies. I can't believe my xh is the reason for all this mess. Ugh thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Its sort of frustrating to have them breathing down your back because your XH is a loser. Been there done that. But, its nice to have the extra documentation from them showing how awesome of a parent you are. :)

mombaker8910
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Yeah the hardest part is being shared to make a wrong move but I have nothing to hide
SlapItHigh
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

So sorry you are going through this.

ghwrobleski
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I am sorry to hear about all of this, as a school secretary make sure that you keep the school informed of all that is going on. It can be so hard to know and many times assumptions are made when you as the mother are not doing anything wrong. Prayers and safety for you and your kids.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I don't understand what that has to do with you. You aren't with him. Why check you out?
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

im sorry i hope things work out for you

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM

This. I don't understand why they would talk to you at all.

Quoting Janet:

I don't understand what that has to do with you. You aren't with him. Why check you out?

grneyedormom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Because she's the other legal parent and they need to make sure she's being protective of the children, which she is. (I work for DHS in my state.)

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Janet:

mombaker8910
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Yep they need to make sure I am taking care of my kids since its obvious their daddy can't

Quoting grneyedormom:

Because she's the other legal parent and they need to make sure she's being protective of the children, which she is. (I work for DHS in my state.)

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Janet:

amberddh
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I've never had any encounters with dhs. But from all i.have heard their are some that try and help you while others are.out to get you. I hope you have an understanding dhs officer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)