Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Good book to bring as a baby shower gift?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

My best friend is having a sprinkle next month. Instead of giving a card with the gifts I wanted to give a book. But, I'm sort of stumped on what book to give. What is a good book for a little boy? 

For big sister I am giving her a copy of Julius The Baby of the World. It is one of my kids favorite books and its about a big sister with a new baby brother. 

Maybe I could skip a book for baby and give a book to my friend instead? But then again... I'm stumped on what to give her lol. 

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM
My son loves anything dr seuss. Has since he was a baby. If i had trouble getting him to sleep I would read one fish two fish red fish blue fish and he'd be out quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Anything but Goodnight Moon. That is the only book (besides The Old Man and the Sea) that I absolutely hate.

grneyedormom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Each Peach, Pear, Plum. The Giving Tree, If You Give a Mouse a Muffin and the other books like that, Eric Carle books.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Quoting cookinmommyof1:

My son loves anything dr seuss. Has since he was a baby. If i had trouble getting him to sleep I would read one fish two fish red fish blue fish and he'd be out quick.
I thought about doing a Dr Seuss book. Especially since they are on sale for cheap everywhere right now. I need to see what books they already have. I want to try & not get a duplicate.
Maevelyn
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Baby-Places-Youll-Go/dp/0679885722

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I'll Love You Forever - Robert Munsch

The sweetest book ever

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Quoting grneyedormom:

Each Peach, Pear, Plum. The Giving Tree, If You Give a Mouse a Muffin and the other books like that, Eric Carle books.
Oh my gosh... I can't believe I forgot the If You Give a Mouse a... series! All of those books are cute.
grneyedormom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I loved getting books at my baby showers, it was a perfect way to start my daughters book collection! And her love of reading! I always give books to the big sibling now!

Quoting splatz:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Oh my gosh... I can't believe I forgot the If You Give a Mouse a... series! All of those books are cute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jodi136525
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I can't get through that without crying!!!  My sons loved it too.  The other one I loved was The Runaway Bunny.  

Quoting 6161:

I'll Love You Forever - Robert Munsch

The sweetest book ever

momstermom85
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

goodnight moon is really cute my kids still love that book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN