Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey, I have a tweed couch (99% sure its tweed...) Can I just use diluted Dawn and scrub the stains, like Greek yogurt, off and air dry? Or will it ruin it somehow? Dry cleaning isn't an option. I'm looking for a constant cleaning solution. I have three under two and we got the couch second hand. It's in great condition.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (11-16):
klbetts
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought a Little Green Machine by Bissle. The best thing ever! I use it on my couch all the time. It's paid for its self. I would also invest in a set of twin sheets that match your decor. The fitted sheet will go over your lower cushions and the flat sheet gets draped over the back of the couch and tucked in under the lower cushions. That way if you can't get the stuff out the couch looks clean for your party.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

BUMP!

suetoo
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Use resolve and invest in a spot bot hand held carpet cleaner. My dd got hers at Walmart for @$40. It works wonderfully. Clue is to sop excess water and dry thoroughly. Prop cushions on chair on porch in front of a fan. To get past the toddlerhood, you could put a king sized cover/blanket or spread over it temporarily?

GremlinMom
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM
How long have you had yours? Ivwant to convince DH to buy it for me. It sounds like a good investment!

Quoting klbetts:

I bought a Little Green Machine by Bissle. The best thing ever! I use it on my couch all the time. It's paid for its self. I would also invest in a set of twin sheets that match your decor. The fitted sheet will go over your lower cushions and the flat sheet gets draped over the back of the couch and tucked in under the lower cushions. That way if you can't get the stuff out the couch looks clean for your party.

lisaV0622
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I am a cleaner with my own business
Anytime you have a stain that has suger, oil, urine, or coffee take a hand sander without the paper place a bar towel on it ...spray stain with vinager (it cleans disenfects and kills smells) hold sander on stain and let it pull it up....change towels till no more stain. The vibration lefts out the mess and vinager (white household kind) cleans it.
Invest in a carpet cleaner or small one like a pet lifter one even ashark steam cleaner is a great item.
Good luck

klbetts
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM
This is the second one I've had. The first stayed with my ex. But I've been able to get red koolaid out of beige carpet if I used it right away. It also works for car seats both the built-in and removable kind.

Quoting GremlinMom:

How long have you had yours? Ivwant to convince DH to buy it for me. It sounds like a good investment!

Quoting klbetts:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)