Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I don't love her?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 10yo DD just told me I dont love her because I disciplined her.  She used my personal information; phone number, on the internet and now I am getting marketing calls.  She admitted the truth and I told her to never do it again or no computer until she is 16!  This is when she stormed upstairs declaring that I dont love her.

Is this normal behavior for a 10YO girl?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM

The attitude seems normal. The action, Idk. My dd is 10 and hopefully she knows better than that. But you never know what kids are going to do I guess,

MJP76
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Idk I've never had that issue. I would consider that disrespectful, and my kids aren't disrespectful.

mayeb chat with her, and let her know that's not ok.

Knightquester
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three daughters ages 12, 11, and 10 years old.  My two eldest daughters have their own computers and I have an 8 year old son.  All of my children know not to type in personal information without asking for my permission first.  If they crossed that line I know that they would know why I would be disappointed in them and upset with them.  I also know they would know why they would be getting punished.

If I compare your daughter with my children I would say her actions and her reaction to her deed once caught weren't normal, but she's not my child... she's yours.  You know her better than anybody and will know if she's acting out for a reason or being an emotional pre-teen that needs a little more discipline.  Good luck!

MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
My five year old is doing that except her words were "you hate me" I was mad and heart broken. She is having a rough transition to baby sister.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, extremely normal. Drama! 

Maevelyn
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My 8yo dd told my SO he was "ruining" her life. Why because he told her she had to eat her veggies. lol I think they get if from the Disney channel shows. 

veganistic
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Pretty normal, unfortunately. Make sure that you have a calm, serious sit-down with her about sharing personal information on the web. Have a few real life scenarios on hand to reference and use this opportunity to have a safety talk. Teachable moment here! :)
Pinstripes819
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Thanks all!  I did have a talk with her about sharing the personal info, and she got upset over the talk.  Everytime she gets in "trouble" ahe overreacts with drama.  A few minutes after she stormed upstairs, which I also told her was unacceptable, she came down and snuggled with me on the couch.  I hope I can curb this disrepectful behavior!

veganistic
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand/relate completely! Just be strong, some kids are tougher than others!

Quoting Pinstripes819:

Thanks all!  I did have a talk with her about sharing the personal info, and she got upset over the talk.  Everytime she gets in "trouble" ahe overreacts with drama.  A few minutes after she stormed upstairs, which I also told her was unacceptable, she came down and snuggled with me on the couch.  I hope I can curb this disrepectful behavior!

chattycassie
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I am told that almost daily, I figure it means I am doing a great job. My girls are almost 7 10 and 14. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)