Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

pregnant after a vasectomy?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 33 Replies
How many of you have gotten pregnant after a vasectomy after your dh /so has been given the all clear that he is sterile?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I know of 1 person. It wasn't me.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I knew one that did but it wasn't her husband's.
MJP76
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I was told by one woman, but you couldn't trust her as far as you could throw her. I told her DH to get a paternity test.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM
No sterilization in my marriage but here's a bump.
cassiehmomof3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM
How many kids do you have? People act like I'm a crazy person because I have four. My husband is getting a vasectomy and I'm up in the air about. Sometimes to the point of tears.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

cassiehmomof3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
How many kids do you have? People act like I'm a crazy person because I have four. My husband is getting a vasectomy and I'm up in the air about. Sometimes to the point of tears.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I have 3 living children and hoping for more. I don't care what people think. It's sad that our society has such a bad attitude towards big families but we do live in a culture of death so I guess it's not surprising. I'm morally opposed to sterilization so it's out of the question for me and dh. There's a reason it brings you to tears -- truth is written on your heart. 

Quoting cassiehmomof3:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, you are making completely unfair assumptions.  We have 2 kids, my hub had a vasectomy, I had a hysterectomy.  The best choice we made was to NOT have any more children.  Not because we are opposed to big families, I had wanted 4 kids.  But pregnancy was NOT good for me, neither was post partum AND our oldest was born with congenital heart defects, kidney defects oh and yea CANCER.  So if you are opposed to birth control GREAT.  But dont' make such negative assumption about those of us that don't want or need big families.  It's really not fair.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I have 3 living children and hoping for more. I don't care what people think. It's sad that our society has such a bad attitude towards big families but we do live in a culture of death so I guess it's not surprising. I'm morally opposed to sterilization so it's out of the question for me and dh. There's a reason it brings you to tears -- truth is written on your heart. 

Quoting cassiehmomof3:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

DixieL
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I have heard how that has happened.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
You are mistaken. I haven't made any negative assumptions about others. Also, I don believe that everyone needs to have a big family. There are plenty of reasons to refrain from conceiving however this never makes it morally ok to be sterilized.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Ok, you are making completely unfair assumptions.  We have 2 kids, my hub had a vasectomy, I had a hysterectomy.  The best choice we made was to NOT have any more children.  Not because we are opposed to big families, I had wanted 4 kids.  But pregnancy was NOT good for me, neither was post partum AND our oldest was born with congenital heart defects, kidney defects oh and yea CANCER.  So if you are opposed to birth control GREAT.  But dont' make such negative assumption about those of us that don't want or need big families.  It's really not fair.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting cassiehmomof3:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN