Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teething two month old

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

So for the first two months our little William barely cried, only if he was really hungry or needed to be burped, besides that it was all happy noises, and sounds, but we're pretty sure the last few weeks he started teething (fist usually in his mouth, red cheeks but no fever, drooling, and if you rub his gums he seems to settle some), and I'm not sure what I can do to help him. We picked up some teething rings but most seem to be made for 4 months and up and just don't fit his mouth properly, and we tried a wet face cloth but he didn't seem impressed with that either. We've been giving him Infant Tynenol at night to help him sleep through the night but I hate giving him too much medications throughout the day, but its just heart breaking to see our usually very happy little guy so fussy. Does anyone else have any advice?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KJH78
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Amber necklaces really work. I didn't know about those so my daughter ended up with Motrin. According to Dr. Sears ibruprofen is safe for a 2 month old.It worked much better than Tylenol. We only bought one Tylenol and switched to Motrin...you give it less often and it works 100% better.

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/medicine-cabinet/ibuprofen

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Rub tequila on his gums! Just kidding, try different things that is safe for him to gnaw on. Have you tried teething tablets? They have some that are all natural. Or have you try searching online for a teether that will fit in his mouth properly?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM
You could try baby Orajel.
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I had thin water filled teethers that you put in the fridge, my dd liked those. You can also get Baby Anbesol, it numbs the gums.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
We used amber necklace and frozen washcloths.
MusherMaggie
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Actually, the ingredients in Orajel and Anbesol,even the baby versions, are NOT safe!
wills_mum
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I'll look into the Motrin and I heard the same thing about the amber necklaces too. My hubby is skeptical about it but I've heard a few mums say that it works really good. MusherMaggie I heard that baout Orajel, and Anbesol too. I know my husband, and my MIL wanted me to try Anbesol on him, but I heard it can be really hard on babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)