Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is this right for my doctor to do to me?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
  • 37 Replies

Everytime I go in to see my family doctor for a sore throat, back ache etc...he makes me lay down and he pulls up my pants and looks "down there".  I can go in for a headache, nothing to do with my lady bits and he always takes a 2 second look.  Is this normal?  I have asked others and they told me they have never dealt with it!!  I feel so uncomfortable.

*EDIT* I just recently found out he has pending charges from domestic abuse and is still allowed to work!  He was supposed to have beat up his wife.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmp1279
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

i would find a new dr. 

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Uh NO! Why do you let him? Have you asked him why? That is why I stick with female drs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
And I would find a new dr. Report this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmomma326
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I haven't asked because I only see him a few times a year and I am just so weirded out to even ask.  I have been looking at new drs but I live in a very small area and the closest family practitioner is about an hour away.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Uh NO! Why do you let him? Have you asked him why? That is why I stick with female drs.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. :( You really should find someone new. And then report that creep so then hopefully it wont happen to anyone else.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

I haven't asked because I only see him a few times a year and I am just so weirded out to even ask.  I have been looking at new drs but I live in a very small area and the closest family practitioner is about an hour away.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM

My regular doctor has never ONCE. He isn't my Gyn, why would he? That is odd. I would never have a women doctor, but this is nuts all the same. I would report it & find another doctor ASAP ( don't make this have you turn against male doctors, this is just one crazy doctor ). 

dancer
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

That is wrong!!!!   Don't let him do that!!! You need to have someone come into the room with you.

dancer
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

No offense,but in my experience,men listen more then women and my whole entourage are male doctors.  I have never had a problem with any of them.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely not normal.

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I prefer female drs because I have a history of sexual abuse. Not by a doctor. I just feel more comfortable if its a woman. That is what matters to me.

Quoting dancer:

No offense,but in my experience,men listen more then women and my whole entourage are male doctors.  I have never had a problem with any of them.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)