Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is this right for my doctor to do to me?

Posted by   + Show Post

Everytime I go in to see my family doctor for a sore throat, back ache etc...he makes me lay down and he pulls up my pants and looks "down there".  I can go in for a headache, nothing to do with my lady bits and he always takes a 2 second look.  Is this normal?  I have asked others and they told me they have never dealt with it!!  I feel so uncomfortable.

*EDIT* I just recently found out he has pending charges from domestic abuse and is still allowed to work!  He was supposed to have beat up his wife.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (31-37):
sweetmomma326
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Nope.  I have never had a female nurse unless it was an OB/GYN dr.

Quoting Basherte:

I would find a new doctor.

That isn't normal. I would also say something out loud. very loud. about it the next time he wants to look at your lady bits when you are there for a sore throat. Isn't there a female nurse in there with you when the doctor is there? As far as I know it's illegal for a male doctor to be in a room alone with a female patient.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I find that strange. 

I also find him wanting to look at your lady parts when you go in for a sore throat or back issues. What the heck does your lady parts have to do with your throat or back? 

Oh wait... are you hanging from a chandelier when you have sex? Cause ya know that would cause a bad back... Still no reason to look at your lady bits.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Quoting Basherte:

That isn't normal. I would also say something out loud. very loud. about it the next time he wants to look at your lady bits when you are there for a sore throat. Isn't there a female nurse in there with you when the doctor is there? As far as I know it's illegal for a male doctor to be in a room alone with a female patient.

wedding countdown

Megan11587
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Don't ever go back to him. Report him ASAP.
Megan11587
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Me neither, however, only a gyn should be looking down there.

Quoting sweetmomma326:

Quoting Basherte:

mama.bear22
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Definitely find a new doctor. Follow your instinct, especially if he makes you feel uncomfortable.

Bamsmom2012
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

no that is not normal and if you are uncomfortable even if it is necessary he shouldnt do it.

kerryket
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Time for a new doc!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)