Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My daughter says her eyes hurt

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter is going to be three in a week. But for the last 4-5 weeks she's been complaining her eyes hurt. I took her to the doctor and he said it was just all the pressure from her sinus's and put her on allergy medicine though its helped a little bit it hasn't helped very much. She still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming and crying because her eye's hurt. I'm making another appointment for the doctor but I was just curious if anybody else has had this problem with a little one and if there where any other idea's.

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM
No take her to a different doctor. I had that problem when i was little. I now suffer from chronic migraines because i have overly sensitive eyes and the doctors never did anything to protect my eyes. Now i have 4+ migraines a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goldilocksbecky
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Take her to an ophthalmologist or optometrist, not a regular pedi. 

MamaMoopsie
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Have you taken her to an optometrist? My SD had pain in her eyes not too long ago. We went to the normal doctor and was told it was her allergies, but the allergy meds didn't help at all. DH had an eye appointment and I thought, it couldn't hurt to have her seen. So we squeezed her in at DH's appointment and sure enough she had an actual eye infection---just not your typical eye infection. We got her on some medicated eye drops and she's doing great now.

WooMommy7
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I haven't even thought about that and im not sure why. it should have been the first thing that jumped out to me. Maybe its cause she so little so the thought didn't pop into my head. I call first thing monday though and try to get her in. Anything to make her feel better. It breaks my heart to try to calm her down late at night becuase she wakes up screaming and crying because it hurts

goldilocksbecky
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

She may also have vision problems which are causing eye train or headaches which she can only describe as eye pain.  My little guy has been in glasses since he was two.  She's not too young to have vision issues that may need to be addressed.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Take her to the eye doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I would bring her to an eye doctor.

kahlansmommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Either take her to an opthamologist (not optometrist) or try a different MD. My daughter did have migraines when she was in kindergarten. I went to my MD, he did refer on to a pediatric neurologist. The guy was like a hundred years old, but an outstanding doctor. He said he could have my daughter go through and MRI or just take some meds. We opted for the meds. Here is what he prescribed...... Take Junior tyenol by the package dose 4 times a day for 7 days. Then give the Tylenol only as needed. She did not complain of any more headaches until this year- she is in the 7th grade.

WooMommy7
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM

She isn't complaining as much about them now, only when she's really tired and fighting sleep. Me and the doctor are keeping an eye on it, it seems like she just cries now if she is overly tired and is fighting it.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Sorry, hope the pain is gone completely soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)