Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Zero Sympathy For Drunk Drivers

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't believe we have so many selfish people who drive drunk! They are worried about guns? I'm sorry, but more people lose their lives due to drunk driving. Last night a friend of mine I knew since elementary, was hit by a drunk driver. THANKFULLY she survived and just had a broken arm. I had a friend who died while driving his sports bike while intoxicated, he lost control and flew off the mountain. I didn't feel sorry for him because he made a stupid decision. A car is a dangerous weapon that many people don't realize. I hope someday this will not be a serious problem. Unfortunately, it feels like it's too much of a high hope. Walk, take a cab, call someone up, or sober up even if if takes hours! No one should ever have to suffer due to someone's selfish and stupid decision!

Ok, rant over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I have absolutely none. They want to talk about how it was a horrible mistake, blah blah blah. Idgaf. They piss me off beyond belief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Yeah mistake my ass! Drunk drivers don't drive drunk one time. It usually when they hit someone it becomes a "mistake" and if they survive they want sympathy for killing an innocent person/people.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I have absolutely none. They want to talk about how it was a horrible mistake, blah blah blah. Idgaf. They piss me off beyond belief.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Agreed, i just wish more would kill themselves instead of other people. And imo if you have one dui, you should get your license and vehicle taken.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Yeah mistake my ass! Drunk drivers don't drive drunk one time. It usually when they hit someone it becomes a "mistake" and if they survive they want sympathy for killing an innocent person/people.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Yup. I had an ex that it took him 3 times before it became a felony and got his license taken away. I think 1 time should be more than enough. He could have killed someone.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Agreed, i just wish more would kill themselves instead of other people. And imo if you have one dui, you should get your license and vehicle taken.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Thats ridiculous.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Yup. I had an ex that it took him 3 times before it became a felony and got his license taken away. I think 1 time should be more than enough. He could have killed someone.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Quoting DragonMother10:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Tell me about it. I got sick of him because he was an alcoholic.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Thats ridiculous.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Quoting DragonMother10:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I have zero sympathy for drunk drivers as well.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I hope he learned from his mistakes. How terrible that he was raped in prison. Even when you hear news reports about deadly car accidents due drunk driving, it doesn't stop everyone. People need to know they are not invincible and there are innocent people they can take away their lives from.

Quoting alexis_colby:

I agree with OP and everyone else about drunk drivers. It seems like it often does take something really bad happening before some people realize how dangerous it is. If the person has got away with it several times, or just recieved a slap on the wrist the first time, it can make it not seem like any big deal. My cousin who was the same age as me, used to drink and drive a lot when we were in our late teens. He got caught twice, but his charges got thrown out both times. Third time he was in a wreck while away at college. Luckily, no one was injured, but he got sentenced to six months in jail/six months probation. So, he actually did the full six months. It was a really bad deal for him. He was a cute kid with a slighter build, and was raped repeatedly while in jail, to the point where he spent the rest of his time in isolation.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Sadly too much of that goes on in our prisons, I cannot believe they don't fix the problem. I am glad he learned from his lesson.

Quoting alexis_colby:

he learned. It was just that while he was in there, he was basically a sex slave, and was always having his clothes stolen from him, etc.

Quoting DragonMother10:

I hope he learned from his mistakes. How terrible that he was raped in prison. Even when you hear news reports about deadly car accidents due drunk driving, it doesn't stop everyone. People need to know they are not invincible and there are innocent people they can take away their lives from.

Quoting alexis_colby:

I agree with OP and everyone else about drunk drivers. It seems like it often does take something really bad happening before some people realize how dangerous it is. If the person has got away with it several times, or just recieved a slap on the wrist the first time, it can make it not seem like any big deal. My cousin who was the same age as me, used to drink and drive a lot when we were in our late teens. He got caught twice, but his charges got thrown out both times. Third time he was in a wreck while away at college. Luckily, no one was injured, but he got sentenced to six months in jail/six months probation. So, he actually did the full six months. It was a really bad deal for him. He was a cute kid with a slighter build, and was raped repeatedly while in jail, to the point where he spent the rest of his time in isolation.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Jails can be just as bad. When my brother was in jail, he would make friends with someone so they can look out for each other. But like I said, they need to fix that problem, sadly many jail/prison guards turn the other way. My brother in law is a prison gaurd and had has been hit on by prisoners.

Quoting alexis_colby:

Yes, that is the important thing - that he learned from it. He was in county jail, idk if it is more or less common than in actual prison. i think a lot had to do with him, though. At least i always thought it did. I know it took him some time to get over it, but i think he is now. head some shoes his first week, but never any after that. And he was having to use bed sheets or whatever he could use to cover up with and walk around like that, or naked with just a shirt on or something like that.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Sadly too much of that goes on in our prisons, I cannot believe they don't fix the problem. I am glad he learned from his lesson.

Quoting alexis_colby:

he learned. It was just that while he was in there, he was basically a sex slave, and was always having his clothes stolen from him, etc.

Quoting DragonMother10:

Quoting alexis_colby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)