Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When you clean.....

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 14 Replies
When you clean your whole house.. What's your checklist??
What do you clean and how?
I'm talking deep clean!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Idk that I Deep clean but I wash/vacuum floors, dust/wipe down counter tops, wash windows,...

MamaMoopsie
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I get all the surface stuff done, like picking up toys, laundry, etc. Then I go from the front of my house to the back. I do the kitchen and dining area first, completely taking appliances off the counters and scrubbing them down and scrubbing the counters underneath before replacing them. Then I move on to the living room where I will do the vacuuming and wipe down the couches (we have faux leather couches) with clorox wipes. I also take the cushions off and vacuum the couches out. Then I do spot checks for any new stains and do some quick carpet treatment if there are new spots. After I vacuum the the living room I go back and move all the chairs from the dining room into the living room and I sweep and mop the kitchen. While I'm waiting for the floors to dry the kids and I will wipe down the dining room chairs with clorox wipes. Then I move into the hall way and vacuum there. I move into the main bathroom after that and clean everything from the tile in the bathroom down to sweeping and mopping the floor (this is also where we keep the cat box, so we have to sweep at least once a week or you see little bits of grit along the walls and it drives me nuts!) I use foam cleaner on the sink, bathtub, and outside of the toilet. Clorox toilet bowl cleaner inside the toilet and tilex for the shower walls, and windex for the mirror.

If I'm feeling really ambitious I move on to the bedrooms, but that doesn't happen as often as it should. My 10 year old is in charge of doing her own room but my 1, 2, and 3 year old share a room and it needs to be cleaned far more often than it gets cleaned. We pick up toys every night, but I should definitely go in and disinfect it at least once a week and I'm lucky if I do it once a month.

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I just do one room at a time from top to bottom.

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

MJP76
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Everything gets cleaned. I'm sure you know what basic cleaning looks like? Well, the not so basic that I also do on a regular basis, walls baseboard, doors.. Scrub em all.. This is a once a week thing for me. My whole house takes about 4 hours, minus the kids bedrooms and their bathroom, because that's their job.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Having fibromyalgia, I can only do one room at a time.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I clean one room at a time from top to bottom.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I tidy/straighten up.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Same here

Quoting goddess99:

Idk that I Deep clean but I wash/vacuum floors, dust/wipe down counter tops, wash windows,...

NiCo86
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM

ugh i need to deep clean bad! it's kinda hard though when both my DH and I work full-time out of the home! Looking for a sunny weekend here soon to just buckle down and get it done, though. The biggest things on my list are shampooing my carpets, washing the walls, cleaning under/behind the fridge/stove/washer&dryer.

kss12
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Haha yes I know what basic cleaning looks like. I am a clean freak. I just like to know what others do and how etc. I guess it's like watching "day in the life" videos on YouTube. You just like to see what other people do!

Quoting MJP76:

Everything gets cleaned. I'm sure you know what basic cleaning looks like? Well, the not so basic that I also do on a regular basis, walls baseboard, doors.. Scrub em all.. This is a once a week thing for me. My whole house takes about 4 hours, minus the kids bedrooms and their bathroom, because that's their job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN