Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

@ what age do u consider being pregnant too old?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm in my mid 30's and thinking on having one more BB next yr. Only bc all my 3 kids are winter BB's & I want a summer BB... they hate not being able to celebrate their B-days outdoors... so tell me what you think. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
RelaxedMom2-3
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I was just saying that we were around the same age, but I would be starting over because my youngest was alredy 10. 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting RelaxedMom2-3:

I am 36 and couldn't imagine starting over, my youngest is 10. I guess I would think 40 would be too old. It really depends on the woman though. Every woman is different.

I can't see that she's starting over, but continuing her motherhood journey.

Queen_Bree
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I never wanted a child past 30 but i had two. I am now 40 and would love another. I think 50 is too old for a woman. 

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM

My personal cutt off age was around 30.  I got married at 21, had son at 23 and daughter at 28.  I was able to stick to my plan :)

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

I think 30's is fine.  I think 40's is on the older side, unless it is your first child

Yes! I started late in life, but I didn't ask for other people's opinions on the topic.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL oh yea, my youngest is 13, I couldnt' imagine starting over with diapers again, would NOT be pretty lol.  I enjoy the freedoms of having older children too much lol.  Also I'm 42 and yea, I don't have the energy or the patients for that anymore.  BUT, I tell ya, I will be an amazing Grandmommy when I'm 50 :)

Quoting RelaxedMom2-3:

I was just saying that we were around the same age, but I would be starting over because my youngest was alredy 10. 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting RelaxedMom2-3:

I am 36 and couldn't imagine starting over, my youngest is 10. I guess I would think 40 would be too old. It really depends on the woman though. Every woman is different.

I can't see that she's starting over, but continuing her motherhood journey.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What other reasons do you have for wanting another baby? I don't think you're too old, though.
Colter
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM

That sounds like a crazy reason to have a baby.  

There are several negative things that can happen when you have a baby at an older age.  I had two of them, and my sister also experienced one. 

I had my first child at 39, mostly because I could not find a man I could tolerate enough to marry.  The pregnancy was non-eventful, but in the 38th week my body started rejecting him and sending toxins into my uterus.  I had emergency C-section and we both were fine.  If I would not have had a doctor's appointment that day, and the doctor was extra cautious my baby and I probably both would have died.  

Second pregnancy at 40 years old....My uterus reptured during childbirth.  The baby died.  I am in pretty good shape physically, but this is something that happens to older women.  

My sister had a baby at 39 y.o.  He has Down's syndrome.  They had him tested to see if it was they type of Down's that was genetic and it was not.  Therefore, it was because of the age of the parents. 

patticoss
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I have a summer and a winter baby, and my summer baby does not like that her birthday is so far away from the rest of ours. I do not think mid 30's is to old at all.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Im 40 @ have baby fever . I have already been blessed with 5 , one deceased. I wouldnt say late 30 " s too old. Now 40 is late to be pregnant. But there are reasons why females dont have a baby until later in age. 50 is too old too be pregnant. But on the hand if mother nature or who ever bless a person to conceive that late in life? Congratulations ! Also trying to have a summer baby, just to have an outdoor party, is immature.
oneluckymom0709
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I had my children at 39 and 40 (technically 41 on the 2nd child as I had my birthday the day after she was born).  I had pretty uneventful pregnancies and was blessed w/ two healthy babies in the end but I won't say I didn't worry about my age being a factor and I will say I am constantly tired now so if you have boundless energy and have no health concerns, then go for it!

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I will not willingly have children past 26 I do not want to raise kids in.my 40s. That being said, I think past 45 is pushing it but really I child care less if you were 65, more power to you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)