Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

im over it!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 22 Replies
I'm so sick of the daily battle to pick up the toy room. I'm about to bag them all up and throw them all out. Every day its a crying fit because I want someone to watch me. Well when its time to clean it up I'm normally cleaning the dinner mess up and finishing laundry for the day. Ugh!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

ha! been there done that.. 1 night while dd (4yo) was asleep I did just that . I bagged up all the toys except I didnt throw them away I hid them, imagine her surprise when she woke up to no toys! I didn't give them to her for the whole day as a lesson and it was learned she will always clean her room when asked - the best to her ability of course

kjsaes
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Maybe I'll try that.

Quoting DiANAiVELiSSE:

ha! been there done that.. 1 night while dd (4yo) was asleep I did just that . I bagged up all the toys except I didnt throw them away I hid them, imagine her surprise when she woke up to no toys! I didn't give them to her for the whole day as a lesson and it was learned she will always clean her room when asked - the best to her ability of course

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I find it helps to turn it into a game. Then they'll actually look forward to cleaning.
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I tell my dd all the time, if I have to bend over and pick it up you'll never see it again. It usually works or her stuff goes in the garbage.

kjsaes
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I said that many times lol

Quoting goddess99:

I tell my dd all the time, if I have to bend over and pick it up you'll never see it again. It usually works or her stuff goes in the garbage.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My dd is going to be 2 and is just getting into the clean up phase! It drives me crazy all the toys!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I need to go through my youngest toys and weed some out...hope things work out...

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I have a 7 and 9 year old. I go through the same thing.
chattycassie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

When my kids were little, if they did not pick it up I bagged it up. I did not toss them but they were taken away for 2 weeks if they were not picked up at the end of the day.

chattycassie
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM

This is a good idea. We did the :I Spy" game. I would make alist of all the toys I could see and read it off. Just like the game I spy with my little eye a barbie with black shoes. They will RUN to get the off the flooe barbie. :)  That being said my youngest is 7 and oldest 14 so it only works for the little one anymore and now I pay her and she does it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I find it helps to turn it into a game. Then they'll actually look forward to cleaning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)