Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I can't believe she did that!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 13 Replies

So my parents take DS every friday night, just because I work early on Saturday morning and it's easier for him to just sleep over. Both my brother and sister still live with my parents. They are 21 and 22. So I get a facebook notification, my sister posted a video of DS and the comment reads "I'm sorry, (my name). But this is too funny." Then it starts with my sister telling my 21 month old to say cheese. He's a little behind with it comes to his speech so when I hear him say cheese, I get excited. Then I hear, "Say sh**." My jaw dropped. Then what did I hear loud and clear from my son? You guessed right. Then the rest of the video is my sister still telling him to say it and he's smiling and saying it because my sister is laughing, so he thinks it's ok. Then, my brother comes in and starts to tell him to say it. Eventually the baby gets bored and walks away from them.

I can't believe they did that. I keep telling them over and over again, I don't want him to say those words. He's still learning and I don't want it to be a part of his regular vocabulary, which it was my brother's because my uncle cussed around him all the time. I'm so frustrated that they don't listen to me.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
They sound awful immature.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Your sister and brother aren't mature enough to be around your son. I would be looking into so other type of babysitter for Sunday mornings. I understand that your parents babysit but they don't seem to be obviously.

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM

OMG i would be livid. I would call them  out on that, and not let ur son be around them unsupervised. They should know better.

MJP76
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM

And that's when my kid would no longer go over there. Period.

breebree04
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Where were your parents while this was going on? I would be saying something to your sister and telling her to take that video off of FB. If she cant respect your wishes as the parent then I wouldnt let ds around her anymore.

Pinstripes819
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM

You should talk to your parents and let them know what happened, then insist they do the caregiving while your son is there.  Your sister and brother are obviously not mature enough to care for him.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Thankfully she took the video off of fb as soon as I said something to her. Well, me, my parents, my husband and my aunts said something to her. I was surprised when i saw it. She is usually good when it comes to stuff like that, my brother on the other hand, I'm constantly yelling at him to keep his mouth shut because he's a big potty mouth. There's only a few people who know how to do ds' insulin shots and my sister being one of them. My parents probably had to go to the pharmacy or something and left the baby with my sister, which I have never had a problem with.

Quoting breebree04:

Where were your parents while this was going on? I would be saying something to your sister and telling her to take that video off of FB. If she cant respect your wishes as the parent then I wouldnt let ds around her anymore.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, they had talked to her when I spoke to her this morning. Yeah, my parents were just as angry as I was. Apparently we all misjudged my sister. She is one of the babysitters when he goes to my parent's house. I can't even trust my brother to keep a clean mouth when I'm there so he's not allowed to watch my son by himself.

Quoting Pinstripes819:

You should talk to your parents and let them know what happened, then insist they do the caregiving while your son is there.  Your sister and brother are obviously not mature enough to care for him.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

And the thing is, I thought my sister knew better. Apparently, I was wrong.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

OMG i would be livid. I would call them  out on that, and not let ur son be around them unsupervised. They should know better.

ZazaGoszzy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Well, my sister was also a main babysitter when he goes to my parents house. Only few people know how to do my son's insulin shots and they are my parents, my sister, myself and my husband. I completely misjudged her :-/

Quoting goddess99:

Your sister and brother aren't mature enough to be around your son. I would be looking into so other type of babysitter for Sunday mornings. I understand that your parents babysit but they don't seem to be obviously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)