Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1st Day at Daycare

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
Well, my little man had his first day at daycare. He just turned 16mths old and is spoiled (that would be my fault). He has a little sister coming in June so I thought it would be a good idea to put him in daycare a couple days a week to let him socialize and realize that there is more than just mommy. I think overall he did great. I probably had a harder time with it then he did. It broke my heart to leave him crying, but to pick him up this afternoon was wonderful. He came running across the floor with his arm stretched out. I couldn't help but tear up. I know it will get better, but I think mommy has some separation anxiety too.
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I can just picture that, him running to you. I know how that must of felt. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Aw it usually is the Mommy that has separation anxiety.  I'm sure he will love it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Glad it went well.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hugs....just give yourself time....

Pinstripes819
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I am glad he was fine.  The best feelling in the world is when they run up to you when you pick them up!  Give yourself some time to adjust.

breebree04
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM

When I first put mine in daycare they would cry and I would cry as soon as I got to the car because I felt horrible that they cried and I left them anyway but I didnt have a choice I had to work. The teachers always said they were fine as soon as I pulled away and a few times I called right after I left to check on them and listen to see if they were still crying and they were fine within minutes of me leaving everytime. Now they enjoy going and playing with their friends.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I can't imagine putting my kiddo in day care that young. My son was 3 and that was hard enough for me! Lol

Hope the transition goes well. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN