Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how long should i wait before having a third baby

Posted by   + Show Post

i have a 2 year old and a 11 month old i want a third when my son is 2 is that to soon? 

p.s. both of my kids were not a planned pregnancy and i want this one to be so we have everything we need

family car

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Whenever your ready.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kgrove93
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Thank you all 

family car

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM

If we have a third it will not be until my youngest is potty trained and in pre school. He is due is May and right before he is due to arrive our dd turns 2. 2 in diapers is something I only want to go through once!

TigressLily
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If you can financially, physically, and emotionally handle another child when your youngest is around 2 years old, then that is the time for you. If you don't feel you could handle a third child yet, then it's not the right time. No time is ever the "right time" for EVERYONE.... everyone is different. I wanted 4 kids for the longest time. I have an 18 month old daughter and I'll do good to have one more with how Abby is physically doing me lol. I know not all babies are the same, but if my second ends up being like my first, then I'll be crap out of luck with being able to handle him/her. So as of right now, one is it for a few years.

kgrove93
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thank You

family car

CafeMom Tickers
Schleetle
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh gosh forever?! lol I have three children, and I love them, but 3 feels like 100 to me. I had twins though so be prepared for the possibility of two (or more!) at once. Whenever you feel it's the right time for your family go for it.
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Exactly what I was thinking lol

Quoting MJP76:

So then why are you asking us? 

Quoting kgrove93:

i want them to be close

family car

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dgarrido0417
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

my kids are all two years apart lots of work but would not change it for the world

mom of three

MommyMarcoux
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

As soon as you feel comfortable is the right time. I had mine 14 months apart. it was perfect. They are close enough together that they get along great, and I can buy products that the all need in bulk  to help save money. As soon as you feel comfortable and confidant that you can handle it, that is the time that is perfect for you. Don't try placing numbers on it.

Dellie1434
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I just found out I am expecting my third. I have a 2 and a half year old, and a 16 month old (who is still nursing by the way). I say go for it if that's what you guys want. Just know it will not always be easy, but the rewards are great. They will be very close. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN