Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

At what age did your child(ren) potty train?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 29 Replies
And are they a boy or girl? I often hear people say that girls potty train earlier so I figured I would add the second question in.

My daughter is 2 1/2 this month and totally content in her cloth diapers. She refuses to go on the potty and I am not pushing it. But people seem to think she is behind the norm so just curious when everyones kiddos potty trained. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was 2.

My 22 month old LOVES to pee and poop on the potty, but we are not potty training yet. We are letting him do his own thing right now and this summer going straight to undies for 10 days straight and see what happens.  He will be 2 and a couple months IF he trains then since he is doing so well now.  We'll see what happens though, lol.

sissyboogs
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

My son was 4. 

My daughter is 2 1/2, and she hates to wear a diaper, but she also refuses to sit on the potty =/

SoKamele
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Son........2 yrs.

Took a week. He did not like being dirty.

We introduced the potty when he was 12 months.

It was totally his decision.

KayelynnsMama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

DD started potty training a week before her 3rd birthday. 3 days later she was fully potty trained, including nights.

My step-daughter on the other hand was 2 months shy of being 4 and wasn't #2 trained until a few months after turning 4. It was horrible.

My stepson was 3.5. He still wets the bed now though, and is 6 years old. His doctor said that everything is normal with him and not to worry until he is 12... I can't take 6 more years of it. Lol.

MichelleMc
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

My son was 2.5 & fully potty trained ( in public, overnight, naps, #1 & #2 ). 

MamaRae85
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My son is three and just now getting into peeing on the toilet. He's timed and goes about every forty minutes. He's SO not interested in pooping on the toilet yet.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
My toddler has a full on melt down when she pees on the potty. She just cries "oh no I peed" over and over. :(

Quoting PEEK05:

My daughter was 2.

My 22 month old LOVES to pee and poop on the potty, but we are not potty training yet. We are letting him do his own thing right now and this summer going straight to undies for 10 days straight and see what happens.  He will be 2 and a couple months IF he trains then since he is doing so well now.  We'll see what happens though, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM

My almost 4 year old started showing an interest in the potty at 16 months, so I bought a training potty and she would pee in it almost every time I put her on it. She did some backsliding when we moved and refused to use the training potty or the big potty at all for about four months, then she got interested again. I didn't push her too much. At about 2 1/2 I started encouraging her a little more to sit on the potty more often throughout the day, and if she went we danced. If she didn't go I still thanked her for trying and praised her for being a big girl. About a month before her 3rd birthday I decided she was ready, she was telling me every time she needed to pee, but still didn't want to poop in the potty. So, I just went ahead and started putting her in panties and having her sit on the potty every 45 minutes or so. She didn't have any pee accidents but did have a few poop accidents in her panties. Then the week before she turned three she just started doing both in the potty without having to be reminded.

My almost 3 year old is still in the process. She doesn't really care one way or the other. Sometimes she wants to go potty in the potty and sometimes she'd just rather go in her diaper. She asks to be put in panties sometimes and is pretty good about going pee on the potty but will still have poop accidents now and then. I'm actually pretty excited. She had panties on day before yesterday and only had one accident and it was that she started to pee a little and caught herself and ran to the potty but couldn't get her pants/panties down fast enough. So I'm proud of her. lol. She'll be three at the end of next month, and I think I'll do the same as I did with my older daughter and at the beginning of April just start making her wear panties all the time.

HisUsmcWifey
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Gianna was totally potty trained by 2. I started doing the potty and underwear thing when she was 18 months. I let her run around bottomless for a while and that really helped her plus we did the potty chart and rewards systems. She loved yo gabba gabba at that time so I bought her some YGG undies and told her that they wouldn't be happy if she pee'd on them and she never did! lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Z was 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN