Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

At what age did your child(ren) potty train?

Posted by   + Show Post
And are they a boy or girl? I often hear people say that girls potty train earlier so I figured I would add the second question in.

My daughter is 2 1/2 this month and totally content in her cloth diapers. She refuses to go on the potty and I am not pushing it. But people seem to think she is behind the norm so just curious when everyones kiddos potty trained. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-29):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
We bought a potty for dd and introduced it a few months before she turned two because she was showing a lot of interest. Now she is just completely anti-potty. She has a melt down any time I bring it up. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM
4 days before our oldest turned 3 he told us he wanted to use the potty and be a big boy, never used a diaper or anything like that since. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bekalynne440
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

DS- 2.5      DD- 23 months

Mumtobeagain
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM
My DS was 2.5. One day put him in big boy underwear, tossed out the diapers and that was it. A few accidents the first few days, but he figured it out. He has never had a night time accident and only a handful if daytime accidents since the first day. That was a year ago. He was ready! DD just turned one. Going to start her around 18 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Yes. 9 months we started training as soon as they started walking. There were still a few accidents until about 13 months or so, but for the most part they were trained.

Quoting splatz:

Wow... I don't think I have ever heard of an 11 month old being fully potty trained. Were they really early walkers?

Quoting MJP76:

Both of my boys just under a year (11 months)

my girl about 1.5 years, but still wet the bed occasionally until she was 5.

baileymarie723
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I believe my daughter was 3. I struggled a lot with getting her trained, and than one day completely on her own she said she had to go potty and has been going on ever since.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I will be offically starting the process with Liv when she turns 2 in May!

bcbmami
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Ds was 4. He still has accidents at night.
We are just starting with DD and she's two today!
neptunekitty
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
My stepson is four and a half and he will poo in the potty and pee in the potty but also pee in his underwear almost every day several times. I had to put him back in pull ups and start over with a sticker chart and gummy bear rewards because i couldnt keep up with doing laundry every day but he's still peeing almost every day, I took him to the doctor and they said don't worry about it so at this point idk when he will b trained.. His sky landers underwear could b hanging on the wall for years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)