Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

need some help on an uncercomecised penis!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
hi my name is kayla i have a 1yr old named zach. he is my youngest and i have a 3yr old named hayden and zach wasnt cercomecised due to the disorder my 3yr old has. the doctors were afraid the penis wouldnt heal right if zach had wat my 3yr old has but there was just a few things that im not unsure bout bc the only cleaning of his uncercomecised penis i have done so far is bathing and washing it with a wash cloth and wipes when i change him. i was told to not pull the skin back bc of the skin still being atached to the penis to keep out backteria and it unataches around the age of 2yrs and it can cause them pain if you pull it back b4 it is unatached but i was just a little concerned bc of how he acts when i dry him there and when i wipe him there. he seems to b bothered by it. not any screaming omg im in pain mom but just some wining but his penis isnt red or has any infection symptoms and he isnt bothered with it any other time except when i change him and dry him after a bath. i could be over reacting a little bit cause there could b nothing wrong but i just wanted some info bout it and if the way i clean it is ok till the penis actually starts to retract when foreskin is pressed back and just to feel better knowing he will be ok untill we get moved into our new place at the end of this month bc i will be changing their pcp closer to our new location bc i dont drive so i need a walking distance doctor office but all in all i do believe im just being a worry wort lol bc he is as normal as possible just acts different when i change him and when i dry him after a bath is all
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommaduckie08
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

if any one cant understand my post just ask and ill explain the best i can differently than wat i did and if u have any questions feel free to ask. its better to explain this in person but i did the best i can explaining it this way. im in for any kind of advice,mabe some information bout an uncercomecised penis ect..... but everyones opinion and advice is welcome :) thanks!

DazedbySiggies
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

maybe this will help:

Fast Facts about Foreskin of an Uncircumcised Penis

• When a penis is left uncircumcised, the foreskin is left intact over the penis.

• This foreskin is not completely attached to the shaft of the penis and is attached loosely; thereby allowing it to slide over the outer end of the penis and the glans and again to be pulled backwards.

• But it needs to be understood that this looseness or flexibility will be achieved only gradually, and is not present from birth.

• The flexibility is achieved only after 2-5 years after the birth of the boy. Until then the foreskin if tightly attached to the glans and covers it completely, leaving only the urethral opening uncovered.

• The area beneath the foreskin gets a regular supply of smegma, which has a particular cheesy odor.

• This smegma is created from the accumulated sebum and dead cells of the skin.

• In addition to this strong smelling smegma, regular discharge of both urine and semen (in post pubertal males) will add to the unpleasant smell and necessitate regular cleaning and maintenance of personal hygiene of the genitals.

How to clean an uncircumcised penis?

• While it seems to be quite a simple thing to do; there are many moms who do not know a thing about cleaning their baby son’s penis.

• And it goes without saying that habits and personal hygiene are something that you learn at home.

• If you have no one to explain how to clean your uncircumcised penis; chances are you continue doing it your own incorrect way throughout your lifetime.

• Until your baby boy is 1 year old, you can continue cleaning the outer foreskin covered penis without attempting to retract it back.

• But after he completes 1 year, you may gently try to pull the skin back to clean the penis.

• But NO pressure should be sued, and if the foreskin does not retract; do not attempt to do so by force.

• When the foreskin starts moving back easily, it is necessary to gently clean the rim and the underlying area with mild soap and warm water.

• Ensure that you dry it with a soft towel and drying should be done very thoroughly. Moisture is the numero uno enemy of any concealed part of the body, because it encourages the growth of fungi and bacteria; leading to infections and irritation.

MJP76
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Please use punctuation. It was really difficult to read. 

But this is what I gathered. As long as its not red or irritated looking then it's fine. Also, be warned not all curcumsiced penis' will detach by 2, and I actually never heard that, I actually heard 5. However my son is now 10 and his hasn't detached all the way. His current doctor said that usually when they go through a large growing spurt at puberty it will detach.. If not then they have to detach it surgically.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Only the child should retract the foreskin. When your boy goes "hey mommy look what I can do!" And retracts it it's time to teach hygiene. My almost 6 year old is uncircumcised.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
He's fine. You just wipe the outside like a finger, only clean what is seen. You are doing the right thing! Most kid dont become retractable by age 2, thw average age is mote like 10 but there is a wide variation of normal. He's lucky to have been spared from circumcision!
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Ummm... bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I know you just copy and pasted this but there is some bad advice in this pasted info.

Quoting DazedbySiggies:

maybe this will help:

Fast Facts about Foreskin of an Uncircumcised Penis

• When a penis is left uncircumcised, the foreskin is left intact over the penis.

• This foreskin is not completely attached to the shaft of the penis and is attached loosely; thereby allowing it to slide over the outer end of the penis and the glans and again to be pulled backwards.

• But it needs to be understood that this looseness or flexibility will be achieved only gradually, and is not present from birth.

• The flexibility is achieved only after 2-5 years after the birth of the boy. Until then the foreskin if tightly attached to the glans and covers it completely, leaving only the urethral opening uncovered.

• The area beneath the foreskin gets a regular supply of smegma, which has a particular cheesy odor.

• This smegma is created from the accumulated sebum and dead cells of the skin.

• In addition to this strong smelling smegma, regular discharge of both urine and semen (in post pubertal males) will add to the unpleasant smell and necessitate regular cleaning and maintenance of personal hygiene of the genitals.

How to clean an uncircumcised penis?

• While it seems to be quite a simple thing to do; there are many moms who do not know a thing about cleaning their baby son’s penis.

• And it goes without saying that habits and personal hygiene are something that you learn at home.

• If you have no one to explain how to clean your uncircumcised penis; chances are you continue doing it your own incorrect way throughout your lifetime.

• Until your baby boy is 1 year old, you can continue cleaning the outer foreskin covered penis without attempting to retract it back.

• But after he completes 1 year, you may gently try to pull the skin back to clean the penis.

• But NO pressure should be sued, and if the foreskin does not retract; do not attempt to do so by force.

• When the foreskin starts moving back easily, it is necessary to gently clean the rim and the underlying area with mild soap and warm water.

• Ensure that you dry it with a soft towel and drying should be done very thoroughly. Moisture is the numero uno enemy of any concealed part of the body, because it encourages the growth of fungi and bacteria; leading to infections and irritation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN