Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need some advice....plz....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 32 Replies

Alright moms I need some help...

I have a 8month old baby boy and I might be pregnate again. My fiance says it's my decision on what to do, but I have no idea what to do. He's a big Christian and he was raised to take care of the child you concieve. (I agree). On the other hand the money situation is kinda hard right now. We are both against abortion. I don't believe in killing a living person who was concieved out of love. Now I have two options which are to go through with the pregnacy and raise the baby or to go through with the pregnact and give the baby away for adoption. I don't really know how I would feel handing my baby over to someone else and not raise it (since it is a forever deal). I understand it would be hard to take care of both babies and this is not what I planned. My fiance says that he will stand by my decision which ever I choose. So I'm a little lost and worried... Mom's what would you do?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd keep it and find a way to make it work. A financial situation can change at any time, especially if you work on it. Adoption is permanent. There is no going back once you hand baby off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Torrie.Boyer91
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thank you for the advice it is greatly appreciated.

Mel0dy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

"I" would keep it. It would be tuff but in the end it would be okay. But I can't decide for you and I really don't know you or your situation, You are the only one who really knows whats best. 

MJP76
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Well, I am not sure what I'd do. I'd never put myself in that type of predicament. All 3 of my children were planned. I personally would not be able to carry a baby to term and then just hand it over to someone else. The two that weren't planned I aborted, because of the sircumstance. But neither one of those were conceived out of love.

EDIT: to be more clear, if what I said was confusing at all. I would not keep a pregnancy that wasn't planned.

AuSomeMadre
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I see how financially it would be hard having two children and I would understand adoption being an option if you didn't already have a child. I am a firm believer that if God didn't want you to have another child he would've made you wait. He knows you are strong and ready for the journey he has planned for you
Torrie.Boyer91
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

See I agree with you on that. I honestly believe that if God didn't want me to have another baby, then I wouldn't be in this situation. That's my honest and true feeling.  

Quoting AuSomeMadre:

I see how financially it would be hard having two children and I would understand adoption being an option if you didn't already have a child. I am a firm believer that if God didn't want you to have another child he would've made you wait. He knows you are strong and ready for the journey he has planned for you

MotherofMiles
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I would seriously consider adoption, there are so many couples who would love a baby.
Torrie.Boyer91
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Trust me, I have considered it, but at the same time...I don't think I would be able to carry a baby for 9 months and just give it away...

Quoting MotherofMiles:

I would seriously consider adoption, there are so many couples who would love a baby.

MotherofMiles
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM
We adopted in August and he is the light of our lives. Our birthmom loves him very much and knew that we would be able to give him the best life possible (our situation is different, she was a teenager and not married).You are smart to think about the future, financially and for your family. Glad u are at least considering adoption. I see your point though, it would be very hard to give up a baby.
tibby73
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Keep the baby. God gave you this baby for a reason, so now you need to have the faith that he will also help you take care of it. God never promises us it will be easy he just promises us that he will be there to help get us through. Will be praying for you and your husband as you work through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN