Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

See what women are saying about maintaining beauty! (Video)

Posted by   + Show Post

Maintaining beauty and keeping up with your busy life can be hard to do. Watch the below video to see real woman share their funny beauty stories -- featuring The Stir's own Catherine Donaldson-Evans! Hear about the importance of maintaining inner beauty with Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions. 

Do you have any beauty regimen stories to share?

Click Here to see what moms on The Stir are saying about their most embarrassing beauty blunders!

**The CafeMom Team

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I only drink water.I gave up soda years ago.I also dont eat anything with more then 10 grams of sugar.It actually wasnt hard to give it up.I go biking with my dd every weekend.I enjoy the exercise and fresh air and love spending the time with my dd.I do get lazy at taking off my make up.But when I do I only use dove unscented for sensitive skin.I love it.My skin is soft and it isnt a harsh soap.I agree that whatever you eat does affect your body in so many ways.I dont get enough sleep and right now have a lot of stress.I do notice my body responding in a bad way.

aidensmomma508
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

the perm i was talking about 

HisSweetheart07
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I drink lots of water, use sunscreen daily -even in the winter, and wear minimum make up (usually just mascara)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM

When I was 16 my Mom's best friend was a beautician and she dyed my hair blonde. I was already light brown hair more like a dirty blonde. Whatever she used on my hair made my hair turn out Platinum blonde. So for about 6 months I dealt with that.

So I decided one weekend I was going to the store to buy some dye and change my hair color back to my natutral color. I had my boyfriend at the time help me put it in my hair. My Mom was gone for the weekend so there was no one there to stop me....lol We put it in and was not the color I was expecting. Boyfriend kept saying you really don't want to look in the mirror...lol I looked and it was a deep purple. I thought my life was going to end right there cause I kept thinking when my Mom gets home she is going to kill me.

She came home and was not a happy camper. I refused to put anything in my hair to fix it so I just washed my hair about 3-4 times a day until the purple tint came out and then I dealt with black hair for about 6 months.

That was 27 yrs ago and til this day I have never put anything in my hair again. I've told myself once I get completely grey then I might think about coloring my hair but I will go to a professional still not sure if I will even do it. As I've got older I have accepted having greys in my hair. So will see what happens when that time comes.

Turtledoves
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I agree with many - drinking lots of water to keep hydrated is SO important and shows so much on the outside. 

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I had a perm once, it was a bad bad bad idea lol. 

Wish2Be
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM

This story is so similar to my own ! LOL !

Quoting MistressMinerva:

When I was 16 my Mom's best friend was a beautician and she dyed my hair blonde. I was already light brown hair more like a dirty blonde. Whatever she used on my hair made my hair turn out Platinum blonde. So for about 6 months I dealt with that.

So I decided one weekend I was going to the store to buy some dye and change my hair color back to my natutral color. I had my boyfriend at the time help me put it in my hair. My Mom was gone for the weekend so there was no one there to stop me....lol We put it in and was not the color I was expecting. Boyfriend kept saying you really don't want to look in the mirror...lol I looked and it was a deep purple. I thought my life was going to end right there cause I kept thinking when my Mom gets home she is going to kill me.

She came home and was not a happy camper. I refused to put anything in my hair to fix it so I just washed my hair about 3-4 times a day until the purple tint came out and then I dealt with black hair for about 6 months.

That was 27 yrs ago and til this day I have never put anything in my hair again. I've told myself once I get completely grey then I might think about coloring my hair but I will go to a professional still not sure if I will even do it. As I've got older I have accepted having greys in my hair. So will see what happens when that time comes.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

During the summer I use lots and lots of sunblock and I scrub my face about once a week.

My main issue with moisturizing is my feet...I wear flip flops all year so they get very dry and often crack the skin. :(

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

That definitely helps!

Quoting blue_lagoon:

Lots of water on a daily basis, plenty of fruits and veggies and I aways remove my makeup at the end of the day.

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I'm guilty too.

Quoting Janet:

That is something I never do, remove my makeup. I guess i'm too lazy.

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

I couldn't agree more. It's so important to remove your makeup every day.

And drink that water!!!!

Quoting blue_lagoon:

Lots of water on a daily basis, plenty of fruits and veggies and I aways remove my makeup at the end of the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)