Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you feed.......

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
Your 13 month old?!?!
Hey everyone!

My son will be 13 months on the 15th and I'm wondering what a typical menu for your 13 month olds are? My son is very healthy and loves all kinda of foods.. He's great with healthy foods. He eats what we eat and we try to stay very health conscious! What do your babies menus look like from sun up to sun down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kss12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
BUMP!!!!!! BUMP!!!!!
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Breast milk and maybe some meat, fruits and veggies.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM
This is what mine ate.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Breast milk and maybe some meat, fruits and veggies.
MusherMaggie
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Quoting Janet:

Mine as well. Shoot for five small meals a day, things he can pick up and feed himself.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Bump
want10more
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM

my 11 month old is a total pig! yay! haha. he likes finger foods most times, tho he's gettin better at using his spoon. i make him meals that include a lot of steamed veggies, and meat that i can 'string out' like roast beef, chicken. he's too lil, so i make him things like mashed potatoes w/ cream and lots of butter. he loves frozen peas. (a fav snack in our house) fresh broccoli tickles his mouth and he likes to eat raw carrots slivered small. what may interest you, since ur into health, is that my 6 yr old is under the 5th percentile for height n weight. took him to nutritionist. she said he'd prolly have bad nutrition. BUT  i'd done homework... like, we had to change milkbreak time at school, so there was 2 hours before he had lunch. calcium blocks iron absorption. at lunch he has 1 T of sunflower seeds n unfortified orange juice. then milk again in the afternoon, 2 hrs later. i hide a lil bit of olive oil in his food, as well as a bit of formula n baby cereal. his chocolate milk always has cream in it, n we give him ensure-type drinks. everything on a schedule, and chips don't happen much. HUGE blood workup w/ the nutritionist, she said she thot he was gonna be down, come to find out, his nutrition was on the high side! yay! your baby prolly not facing same issues, but w/ mine..... well...... we don't get to have desserts much, but we do have a lot of chinese food... i put the cauliflower broccoli peas carrots water chestnuts etc in very late so that they get warm but not cooked. and oh when i make chef salads for the family, i make a plate for the lil 3 w/o the lettuce... i wrap up the turkey n ham in cheese rolls, lay out the green peppers, eggs, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots etc really pretty then they dip them in ranch. (XTRA CALORIES!) heh. and anyway, i gotta put extra stuff in everything. BUT! their nutritional needs are offa the chart! yay!

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Fed her small piece of what I had cut up. Along with puffing, yogurt, goldfish, raisins , cut up fruit...ect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM
You find your 11 month old carrots ?please be careful. Choking hazard. Maybe you're cooking them and I missed that .

Quoting want10more:

my 11 month old is a total pig! yay! haha. he likes finger foods most times, tho he's gettin better at using his spoon. i make him meals that include a lot of steamed veggies, and meat that i can 'string out' like roast beef, chicken. he's too lil, so i make him things like mashed potatoes w/ cream and lots of butter. he loves frozen peas. (a fav snack in our house) fresh broccoli tickles his mouth and he likes to eat raw carrots slivered small. what may interest you, since ur into health, is that my 6 yr old is under the 5th percentile for height n weight. took him to nutritionist. she said he'd prolly have bad nutrition. BUT  i'd done homework... like, we had to change milkbreak time at school, so there was 2 hours before he had lunch. calcium blocks iron absorption. at lunch he has 1 T of sunflower seeds n unfortified orange juice. then milk again in the afternoon, 2 hrs later. i hide a lil bit of olive oil in his food, as well as a bit of formula n baby cereal. his chocolate milk always has cream in it, n we give him ensure-type drinks. everything on a schedule, and chips don't happen much. HUGE blood workup w/ the nutritionist, she said she thot he was gonna be down, come to find out, his nutrition was on the high side! yay! your baby prolly not facing same issues, but w/ mine..... well...... we don't get to have desserts much, but we do have a lot of chinese food... i put the cauliflower broccoli peas carrots water chestnuts etc in very late so that they get warm but not cooked. and oh when i make chef salads for the family, i make a plate for the lil 3 w/o the lettuce... i wrap up the turkey n ham in cheese rolls, lay out the green peppers, eggs, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots etc really pretty then they dip them in ranch. (XTRA CALORIES!) heh. and anyway, i gotta put extra stuff in everything. BUT! their nutritional needs are offa the chart! yay!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
want10more
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:32 AM

oh yes, carrots ARE a choking hazard. either i cook them, kinda soft, or i sliver them small, and only give a few at a time. u are not wrong there, and thanks for pointing that out, i didn't mean to give out bad info there.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

That was a long time ago. Baby food, soft adult food, cheerios, crackers, whole milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)