Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

venting after my father-in-law's passing away unexpectedly.. sorry if it sounds rude..

Posted by   + Show Post

My FIL passed away unexpectedly this past Feb 25th.  Funeral was that friday. hubby and i live 20 mins away from them the other siblings live in MD and CA. Now that all is over they all have returned to thier lives at home, but me. I am helping their mom with the will, the ins. policies, finding a new home.. things like that. Hubby left this morning for a 2wk work assignment in Canada!!! ugh!!! I have called and texted his sibs to ask questions and such about things they would like to have and if they had any questions for me to ask the attorney for them... NO REPLIES!!!!  NO CALLS OF HOW CAN WE HELP?  NOTHING!!!!! What gets me is that i am a former Real Estate Agent, now mom wants to sell the house, my hubby's sister's husband wants to take a week off in April to over see the sell of the house??? REALY?!!?!?.. sorry just flustrated, what would happen if we didn' live 20 mins away?  sorry just a bit aggervated!!!

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Replies (11-15):
LADYxGHOST
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM

she justs wants to know how much it sells fro to get apiece of the profit, lol.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I can understand why you are frustrated.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Sorry, you should def not be doing all this alone!

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I wouldn't worry about the siblings.  It's clear that they don't want to help like that and can't be bothered (they won't even return a text!).  I can understand your frustration, but since you and your MIL have a good relationship I would just keep the focus on her and helping her out as best as you can.

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I don't blame u get it out.. Thats like a MF think people on they time when they ass aint even that important to the situation. Handle ur business i bet u ur mother in law see all they faults continue to get ur blessings. Father see now the truth about his kids. My grandmother passed on Feb. 1 unexpectedly. Unfortunately My step grandfather handles everything. Good Luck and I wish ur family well. I hope they realize like is too short and family is all you got.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)