Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

22 weeks with extremely sore back. **update**

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
Its been acting up all day. Sore and achy, driving me nuts. I try sitting different ways, laying down, standing. Sometimes it helps, but doesn't last long. Hoping its just because I haven't walked much today like we normally do. We got a freak snow storm and ended up with like 6-8" of snoe from early this morning, like 1 or 2 amish. Hoping the roads clear up tomorrow, we need groceries. Lol.

Anyway, back on point, what are your go to remedies for the pregnant backache?

**update**
dh got called into work last night at 10pm and didn't get home until almost 1 this afternoon. We didn't get all dug out until like 3.
after waking up, my back felt better. It may have been all the sweeping and laundry. Lol. I will just wash less laundry and call it good. Lmao. Thanx for all the tips. I will have to find out if my insurance covers chiropractic care. When ni was preg with ds I had sciatica and back spasms for the last 7 weeks and it was aweful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SoontobaMom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

See a chiropractor and or gt a pregnancy belt

blueyedbaker
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I had to go to the chiropractor twice a week until a few days before my due date. It was awful how sore I was but then I did gain 50 pounds so I was just plain uncomfortable but I had back problems before I was pregnant. You need support so I agree with SoontobeaMom, a pregnancy belt just might help.  If you are achy that means you have swelling, you might have pulled a muscle, I'd check to see if you can use ice or heat since you can't use anything to take the swelling down ice or heat might temporally help.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I always used a heating pad, or shower.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I agree.

Quoting SoontobaMom:

See a chiropractor and or gt a pregnancy belt

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Scissorhappy798
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Figure out where your most comfy and alternate hot and cold packs every half hour or so for a little while. I had back pain with both kinds and that really helped. The other thing that helped is a bath. Whatever you do don't cross your legs! That will make it worse! Hope you feel better and can get out soon! :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I hope your insurance pays for it for you. I really think it will help you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Glad you're feeling better.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I am 28 weeks and my back has been killing me too, especially when I over do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)