Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apartment mommies come here

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
So the maintenance guys were supposed to have everything in the apartment done today, but I have a list of stuff they haven't done. Well they had to put "mud" on a wall in DD's room to fix it and the 2nd coat was just put on around 3:30 pm today. Still needs to be sanded and that whole wall painted. I had to leave just after the guy doing it got there. The heat and water just got turned on today (day early!) and it was still nice temp in there for having no heat for like 6 months. Had it set to 50 since no one would be staying there overnight. I get back later (not planned) to put the curtains up and it was bumped up to 60! Heat isn't included in the rent, so I'm pissed. First he smokes in there a few days earlier (family history of breathing problems) and now he decides it's fine to make me pay more on my heating bill. And it's not that this "mud" needed heat to dry just the first layer was done with nothing on. Me and SO are officially living there tomorrow. Not so sure the owner will be so happy to ever hear from me again after tomorrow with the list I give him.
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh geez! I hate repair men sometimes. The ones at my apt always do a half asses job "fixing" things. Make sure you keep harassing them about the things that need to be done. Even if they don't like you very much! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rory10
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:24 AM
The owner and I'm assuming head maintenance guy have been nice enough, but as soon as a reasonable hour rolls around the owner's cell will be going off. And some idiot never turned the gas for my stove on.

Quoting splatz:

Oh geez! I hate repair men sometimes. The ones at my apt always do a half asses job "fixing" things. Make sure you keep harassing them about the things that need to be done. Even if they don't like you very much! Lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Our maintenance sucks here.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Sorry mama. :(

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hope things work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)