Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting creative with school lunches.

Posted by   + Show Post
What do you typically pack your kids for lunch? What do you do to switch it up a little? Do you do anything to make it more fun?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (11-13):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM

sandwich
juice
granola bars
fruit
pudding
salad

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Oh! I never thought to send a bagel. My son is pretty adamant about not eating breakfast food for lunch lol. Hes convinced he will get in trouble by his school if he does. I may be able to convince him a bagel is a lunch food though lol. 

Quoting greengrass4me:

I try to change them up from just sandwiches. So I will do peeled hard-boiled eggs, bagels with cream cheese and jam, yogurt parfaits, ham and cheese cubes, soft pretzel and soup. Sides are always veggies and fruit, sometimes I plop peanut butter in the bottom of a cup and stick celery sticks on top for dipping, or hummus with carrots, I may add rice cakes, trail mix, string cheese, cottage cheese, or whatever else I have on hand.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
I love bento boxes! People get so creative with them. We don't use an actual bento box but I try to do a makeshift one sometimes lol. I just use a tupperware type container that has dividers in it. Today my son took french toast that I used cookie cutters to cut out his name. Along with berries, syrup, and a drink. He thought that was cool stuff. :) Tomorrow he is taking a dinosaur shaped pb&j sandwhich that is eating a broccoli "tree" along with applesauce and ranch. It turned out pretty cute for just being a random idea!
Quoting Ajanee12:

I make bento boxes, we do all sorts of things. Here are some I pulled off google to show you!

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)