Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

help 1 year old..

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
  • 19 Replies
So is going to be 2 weeks that my son just won't stop crying, ever since he was born been sleeping on his own crib, since was 2 months been sleeping all night. This past 2 weeks all he does is cry can't get him to go to sleep just crys till he falls asleep after more then an hour or 2, but it's not little crying crying like if someone is killing him, it's nor just during night time, during day if i leave to restroom kitchen leave him 1 min alone will start over crying, he had never been like this not type of crying baby always loved to be on his own playing etc. i know he is not in pain no fever not hungry his clothes not bothering him, had Dr check up last week everything is fine,,,i don't know what to do I'm going crazy any ideas??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abmaddox1981
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:36 AM
2 moms liked this

About that age a lot of babies have small seperation anxiety. It's no biggie, but when my kids did that it drove me bonkers. He could be teething ( 1 yr molars), or just simply not want you out of his sight. I went through this 3 times....in fact, just finished getting my youngest (19 mo) over it. Try giving him a lovey or fave toy beford you run potty, or plunk him in his highchair and bring him in the kitchen while you cook. also, talk to him around the corner, stay just out of sight but let him know you're still there. That's what worked with mine. Hopefully something I said is helpful.  Good luck!!

want10more
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm no dr, but i think if a lil un is freaking out, he's freakin for a reason. poor baby tryin hard to tell u. i've heard autistic kids can do that, but i'm sure ur dr has ruled that out? i'd try gettin him a cuddly toy, (i use cuddleupits) and maybe spray it w/ ur perfume? and really, maybe ur dr just ain't listening nuff to u. i have a pal, hadda kid @ 16. she KNEW something was wrong but the drs wouldn't listen to her. said oh ur just a young mommy n all hysterical. yada yada. ugh. finally she brought her very evil mother in law w/ her, they found out the boy had only one kidney. the one not workin was i think giving him tummy aches. u know, u might be young, but u are the bestestest mommy that little boy has ever known. only YOU and ur hubby/bf are the experts when it comes to your son. doctor's be dayumned. find an evil friend a really bossy one, and do what my pal did. say. DAMMIT something is NOT right and it's YOUR job to find it! the doctor's work for YOU after all, YOU are paying the bill. (!!)

LADYxGHOST
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

something scared him. maybe nothing we would think was scary but he has a young mind and thigs can be very scary at times.  I would comfort hind talk to him in calming and reassurig tones an words. I owuld talk to him when leaving to reassure him and talk to him if you are out of sight so he can hear you. 

favi_donnie22
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:40 AM
He had his molars out so I'm guessing it's just that he doesn't want me away,, cuz if err are in room and his dad steps out he does it too , nothing had been writing except the high chair thing bringing him with me in his highchair,, how long did this last with your kids? Thanks feel little better knowing is just something they go through
Matriarch87
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You mean your son wants to be around you and cries when he is not? Weird. Lol.

Just keep a cool head, you will adjust.
favi_donnie22
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Just cries if we leave him alone for a Mon.doesn't want to go to sleep on his own cries for hours

Quoting Matriarch87:

favi_donnie22
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Thanks ladies, I'll stay doing some new things withhim see if it works
favi_donnie22
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM
It might be that he does seem like he is scared that's why he acts like that when we leave him alone feels safe with us

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

something scared him. maybe nothing we would think was scary but he has a young mind and thigs can be very scary at times.  I would comfort hind talk to him in calming and reassurig tones an words. I owuld talk to him when leaving to reassure him and talk to him if you are out of sight so he can hear you. 

Matriarch87
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Yea that sounds pretty normal to me. You have to teach babies to sleep on there own. Also, the most self secure kids are the ones that know there mommy is around whenever they feel they need momma. Humore is neediness and when he is secure he will let go a bit.

Quoting favi_donnie22:

Just cries if we leave him alone for a Mon.doesn't want to go to sleep on his own cries for hours

Quoting Matriarch87:

LADYxGHOST
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:58 AM

My dd was like that at about a year and it lasted for a few months, but got less and less after we did the comforting and reasurring. She seemed scared but we just couldn't figure out what caused it. When we where with her she was fine and when she was at her daycare with a specific caregiver she had started calling mama, she was fine. I had to pick her up several times, it got better and better and then went away.

Quoting favi_donnie22:

It might be that he does seem like he is scared that's why he acts like that when we leave him alone feels safe with us

Quoting LADYxGHOST:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)