Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
malexander2009

We've never really had a problem with skin problems. But I am willing to try anything to prevent problems. My great-grandma had severely sensitive skin. I can only use certain types of bath soaps. Kiddos have been fine so far, but skin allergies do run in my side of the family

Xat

I just received my sample yesterday so I haven't tried it yet. I usually wash my two youngest clothes together. My youngest is 2 and my daughter is 6. My daughter has sensitive skin so I try to wash their clothes with perfume free detergent. I can't wait to try my sample out and see how well it works.

Mitzi31
I always get something that's free of dyes and perfumes. I've always liked tide the best and glad they came out with this type of detergent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GeoRocks
Just for my email as waiting on the product. We normally make our own laundry soap but when we run out and I don't have time to make it for a day or two it's nice to have some on hand. We have tried many cheap free and clear soaps but DS has sensitive skin and even thoughts make him react. So here's hoping the tide works! Will update once we've done some laundry with it. Oh and I typically so a load or two a day of laundry.
LadyDoja

I am so excited to try tide free and gentle. I average about one load of laundry a day. My 2yr old loves to play in the dirt and goes through a lot of clothes each day. I haven't found a dye and scent free detergent that can get her clothes completely clean in one wash do I am hoping this one will do the trick.

ETA:  I used my Tide Free & Gentle for the first time....and it got my DD's clothes cleaner than our regular detergent. My DH was bad and forgot to empty out our DD's wet/dirty clothes bag from our trip last weekend so everything in there had that wet mildewy smell that it usually takes 2 or sometimes 3 washes to get rid of and the Tide Free & Gentle took the smell out in one wash! I think I have officially found my new laundry soap! I give this product 2 very BIG thumbs up!!!

fireflymcl

I'm really looking forward to getting the sample. Although we don't have any skin sensetivities in the family, we do have a 6 month old. I try to use the mildest products for her. I'm hoping this product will be gentle enough for her but strong enough for hubby's funky work clothes. 

SMorrow0109
Me too!

Quoting alyssa1:

I just received my detergent today and will be washing soon so I can share my experience.
sanj1213
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I haven't received mine yet, but as soon as I do I'll be doing my sons laundry that day. I've been using Dreft only because that's what my sister used for her little ones. I'm excited to try something different. Ds does have very sensitive skin, so much that I soak him in oatmeal a few times a week. 

SMorrow0109
I received some detergent as a bridal shower gift with my first daughter. I loved it and have purchased it for my second daughter as well as the entire first year of my first daughters life.
incogNinja
I used to buy dreft for my first two. I realized that it still had fragrance and I was looking to go fragrance free when my 3rd child had an allergic reaction. Free and clear was just the way to go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)