Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (331-340):
gabbysmommy1223
My review:

I'm a family of 4....2 girls the ages of 6 and 3. I do laundry every 3 days, about 4 loads. I normally use my own homemade detergent that has a fragrance to it. This is the first time I've ever used tide before. I did like how well the Tide worked to clean the clothes. I do, however, like to have some smell to my detergent. No one in my family has sensitive skin, but if they did, I would use this tide product. I will be recommending it to friends who do have sensitive skin. Thanks for choosing me to be a part of this program!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
I do about 2-3 loads of laundry a day. I have been using the same brand of detergent for years, and rarely switch up unless something is on sale. Tide Free & Gentle was great on our clothes. It honestly cleaned them better than what we use now. I did miss the fresh smell though. Of my husband, myself, and our three kids, neither of us have very sensitive skin, but if either of us did, Tide Free & Gentle would be a definite option for us! I will be recommending Tide Free & Gentle to all of my friends and family with sensitive skin! I will be taking a look at the products on Soap.com. Thank you for choosing me for this product!

IrishIz
Picking a laundry detergent can be confusing. There are so many brands and types on the market. Tide has been a favorite brand in this house for a long time and now we can add one more Tide product! Our clothes were bright and clean! We couldn't be happier with Tide Free & Clear!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Hi my name is Alicia and I am a mom of 3. We do ALOT of laundry around here about 2-4 loads a day and most of it has stains. With 2 boys who play baseball and a 2 year old toddler who loves to get messy, I need a detergent that can hold up to lifting some serious stains.  

I was chosen as a influencer for Tide free and Gentle. All in all it did a good job cleaning the clothes, it made a good amount of suds and the clothes were soft. We aren't a family that has to have free detergent for our skin but it is nice to have as my Daughter sometimes breaks out with certain scented items and I have as well. I do prefer something with a little scent but I think if you really need a dye and scent free detergent this is the one you want to use!

I give it a thumbs up all in all! Thank you Tide and CafeMom for letting me take part in this influencer!

SMorrow0109
Just want to add that I love the detergent!! It's so gentle yet does a great job. I have a family that all has sensitive skin so it's perfect. I will be using this from here on out...especially on my girls' clothes!
brimi09
Received my tide & will be using it this weekend :)
hkcason

My entire family has sensitive skin so I was a little worried about switching detergents however Tide got my clothes super clean & didn't irritate anyone's skin! I have a family of 5 with my kids ages being 11, 22months & 6 weeks. I do at least 2 loads a day. My husband is a lineman & works outside, in the dirt & because his clothes are FR I have restrictions as to what I can clean them with. This detergent even got his nasty stuff clean, oh did I mention we live in Georgia, so it's not dirt it's Georgia Red Clay! 

alyssas-mommy
I wash about 8 loads a week. This soap wasnt to bad on my sons sensitive skin. Lately most soaps have been breaking him out. My dh loves it for his dress uniforms. I got a couple of big loads left hopefully it cleans those good.
twinners.mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Well, I've done three loads today. I liked the soap and I thought that it cleaned our clothes well. It also left the load of towels that I did soft. The only thing I didn't like is that although it is meant to be odorless, it has that "odorless" smell to it. If that makes sense at all. I do like this detergent although it will take me a little longer to decide of I like it enough to switch from my Target brand detergent. We will see!!

**Well this detergent isn't for HE washers so unfortunately I won't be finishing the bottle.  I am tempted to try the kind that is suggested on the back of the bottle for HE washers.  We will see, but I will definitly be comparing my normal detergent to the one suggested next time I go to the store.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Tide is a good product....my mother used this brand when I was growing up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN