Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (351-360):
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I love tide!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I will also use gain because of the smell!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I make my own detergent. Cheaper and only have to make it every couple of months or sometimes longer depending. But i love tide and gain

mommyangel49
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I have tried Tide Free and Gentle.  I have a hard time finding it.  It doesn't always get stains out. So as of February 2013 I use free liquid detergent from Watkins. I have a front load washer & dryer.  I don't use a lot of soap and it gets my clothes clean.

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Scent, gets clothes clean, cheapest.  Currently, and for a loooong time I've used Purex.  The truth is all major brands have about the same ingredients these days.  look for coupons, too. 

lga1965
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I use the laundry detergent that is the least expensive. Or some that I have a coupon for. They're all pretty good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I'm going to try this! DF, DS1 & DS3 are allergic to different laundry detergent. I think they might be okay with this!

emaylerocks76
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I happen to believe it is all about trial and error. What you find makes your clothes the cleanest. I also am a scent person. I do the laundry so I want something that I love the smell of. What do you think?

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Their competitor, "All Free and Clear", gets consistently better reviews and is 40% cheaper. Do some googling, then buy the better product.

Bookoholic
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I use arm and hammer as my laundry detergent, its not that I don't like free and clear soaps its that my clothes are always smelly when I use the clean and free stuff. I also have to pay at most $10 for more then 110 loads of laundry, the 110 size bottle lasts me almost three months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN