Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (361-370):
Snowpuma
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Smell, cleaning power, cost. I always watch for allergies etc. But once I find one I really love it takes a lot to change it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Ds1 has pretty bad eczema, so I knew I needed to get a free and clear detergent and Ecos is natural and cheap so I get that. It also worked best for when I was cloth diapering.

LovesPeanut
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I make my own detergent for pennies on the dollar and it is gentle on skin :-)
Habitat820
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

We make our own detergent. It only takes three ingredients and is not very complicated. My partner has full body eczema so his skin is about as sensitive as it can get. I have sensative skin and as a baby it was super sensative. Our recipe is sent free but you could always add essential oils if you want it to smell better, or just use some dryer sheets so it smells nice (we also make ourselves but you could probably find some that work best for you).

I know as a busy mom you probably think "OMG making my own laundry detergent! I don't have time for this buisness" but it saves us a lot of money, wear and tear on cloth diapers and heart ache while trying different detergents and things. Not too bad. I can help if you are considering the idea.

peaches_04
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I was having really bad problems with diaper rash and someone recommended switching to tide free and gentle.
It worked and ive never gone back
letstalk747
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

one that dont smell to strong

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM

we do couponing so we have about 5 bottles of detergent right now, 2 bottles of all, 2 bottles of tide and 1 bottle of purex.  Yes I know thats a lot but its nice not to have to buy it for awhile and i really couldn't pass up paying around $1 for each one.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Gain, Apple Mango Tango. Nothing smells better to my family, I've been using it for years!!!

MichelleSw
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I didn't do the influencer for this product, but ill give my opinion :> my daughter has eczema and I have found only ALL works on her skin. I love fresh smelling clothes and free and clears have no scent. So, I buy me small bottles of Tide April Fresh for myself. I know Tide makes a free & clear but I'm scared to try it on DD.
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM

TIDE PODS love them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)