Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
PennOhioBabe

Hi, I'm Brandi. I am married and have three children. My sons are 7 & 3, my daughter is 1. We live in Ohio. I guess most people would think I am nuts because I enjoy cleaning my house & doing laundry. It seems like with a family of five the chore of doing laundry never ends. I do laundry every day. I usually do one to three loads of laundry a day & about ten to twelve loads a week. I started using a free & clear laundry detergent seven years ago when my first child was born. I think it is best to wash all of my family's laundry with the same detergent. I used the Tide Free & Gentle today immediately after receiving it the mail. I will not be switching over to Tide Free & Gentle. I will be sticking to the free & clear that I have been using for the past 7 years. All of my children have sensitive skin so I feel it is very important to wash everything with a dye and perfume-free detergent. Tide Free & Gentle has a weird smell to it, it didn't seem to make the clothes any cleaner then the other detergent that I use & I didn't notice a difference in the softness of the clothes. I will be telling other moms about Tide Free & Gentle but I'll tell them to try it & let me know what they think.
I am going to check out Soap.com for all of my household products. I like the idea of having my household products delivered to my door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby7810
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

So i just got my sample today! and i have some laundry to do today also so i will be back later to tell more about it :)

i'm actually gonna test it on my daughters and husbands clothes. my hubby has sensitive skin and i'm really curious to see if this will help. 

MommeeTo4
Waiting on my sample
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
I got my sample yesterday...

I usually average about 4-5 loads per week. There are 4 of us in my family; myself, dh, 5 yo ds, & 1 yo dd.
I used different detergents when my ds was a baby, he was my first baby & also a preemie so I was very strict on following recommendations & such. When my dd was born, i thought about using a different detergent for her clothes but theyre just so expensive! So I've washed her clothes in the same detergent as the rest of the family & haven't had any problems thankfully.
My dd has pretty normal skin, she had a small reaction to some lotion when she was a couple months old but nothing else. I'm torn on detergents that don't have a scent. I like the fact that they're gentle on my kids' skin, but I also love the fresh smell that my normal detergent has.
I used the Tide on one load & I thought it made her clothes stink & they didn't look as clean as with my normal detergent- so I rewashed them with that. I don't feel it works nearly as good as my usual detergent. My dd is still a crawler so her pants get pretty dirty- when I washed them with the Tide, they looked like I had washed them in just plain old water. To me, they smelled "funny"- not exactly dirty but not clean either. I didn't dry them after washing them with Tide so I can't say how they felt. I can't say that I will switch to Tide. There are other brands of baby detergents that I've used in the past that work WAY better.

Would you be willing to buy household products from Soap.com in the future? Probably not, I don't like having to add shipping costs to products I can go to the store & buy.

Thank you for choosing me for this influencer! Although this is a product I can honestly say I don't care for & will not use in the future, I really appreciate being chosen!
moroccanmommy
I do 6 to 8 loads of laundry a week. Two of Those loads are cloTh diapers.
My faMily has a lot of skin allergies so I always look for soMething with out dyes and perfumes. I haven't got my sample yet but I can't wait to try it
aprilm21181
I always choose detergent that is for sensitive skin, mostly items that say clear, dye free, scent free, my disband skin is very sensitive to detergent, I always try to get liquid also, it seems to no leave residue. If I had my choice I would use regular tide, it smells do good and leaves my clothes clean and soft. Dang husband and his sensitivities lol
jenzachsam
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I will be trying this out tomorrow and giving an honest feedback.  I plan on using the detergent for my kids' clothes and the dirtiest of my hubby's clothes.  He works in a greasy part of his factory, so I will be giving on honest feedback tomorrow :)

Madelaine
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My children have extremely sensitive skin so I am so excited to use Tide Free and Gentle.  I always buy laundry detergent that is free of fragrance and additives.

heidi_val
I do laundry almost everyday. I keep trying detergents until I find one that doesn't make us itch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_236

I havent received my detergent yet, But I have always been a big fan of Tide, So when I got picked for this I got very excited I have two boys one of them is 3 and sometimes he get rashes on his skin, So I am excited to use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)