Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you choose the right detergent for your family’s clothes?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Tide Free & Gentle Detergent and asked them to wash their family's clothes with it. Take a look at this fun video momtage that highlights some of our influencer's stories. Then,  tell us how you choose the right detergent for your family's clothes.

Be sure to click here to save 20%* on your first order at soap.com. 
Enter Code: CAFEMOM20

*Max discount $20. Expires 7/31/13. New Soap.com customers only. Offer cannot be combined with other new buyer offers, sales, and close-out items. Offer subject to change or cancellation. Excludes Clarisonic.

CafeMom recruited a large panel of our members, broadly representative of American Moms. Each panelist received one of 4 P&G products along with an experiential assignment suggesting ways to use it. We asked these panelists whether they agreed with this seal's claim, and awarded a seal if 75% or more of the panelists agreed with the claim and we received more than 250 responses. CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here. 
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Replies (51-60):
NatalieMH
I choose detergent by looking for something that is free of harsh chemicals and scents because both my children have sensitive skin and will break out. I also feel that it is a more environmentally friendly option.

I also look at price and the approx. Number of loads I will get out of the product.

Can't wait to try my sample!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashley9603

I just got this today and have washed a few loads....a little really goes a long way!I have twin toddlers and I always like using dye and fragrance free detergents.I roughly do 2-5 loads a week.We are a family of five so we do alot of washing.My younger son Elijah has exzema to the extreme so using Tide Free and Clear is definetly something that is helpful.I will keep using Tide Free and Clear on my twins clothing.I just washed there car seat covers and all the dirt and buildup came completely off without having to put it through another cycle.I use another brand for the rest of the family and not sure if I will switch completely.I will use it for now on my sons clothing,bedding,coats etc.So far in the loads that I have washed Tide Free and Clear seems to clean better,and you dont have to use alot.I used too much in the first load and it was really bubbly lol....so I had to put it through a second time to rinse away all the bubbles.After being washed and dried the clothing seemed to smell clean,no perfumy scent nothing that makes you gag lol....It cleans better than the other brands I used for my kids clothing.I will be making a purchase from soap.com in the future.

krissiemj

My lttle girls both have sensitive skin, one has eczema. Their pediatrician recommened washing all of their clothing in Dreft, and I use whatever is on sale for my clothing and for my husband. As a family of four, i usually do at least 4 loads of laundry a week. I can't wait to see how it does. I hope that it will be as good for my kids as I am hearing. It would be great to use only one detergent for the whole household.

CafeMom Tickers
Madameileen

I have 4 active children and am doing 6 or more loads of laundry a week.  We are in the potty training years and have to do a lot of blankets and sheets so really we are looking at 10 loads a week.  Insane.  When it comes to choosing a detergent, my smell sensitive asperger children lead the way.  I love a detergent that can get the dirt off and clean without putting in a coveringup smell.

skippette14

Excitedly awaiting mine to come.  Can't wait to try it against my homemade laundry soap

kenziesmom809
I received my delivery today and washed a load of my sons clothes as soon as it came. He has very sensitive skin and this seemed to work extremely well. No dye and cleaned excellent. The clothes felt so clean afterwards
Dina82

i just received mine today ! i will update tomorrow ..but i have to say i have used this tide brand before and i love it especially for my soon to be 5 year old son he has eczema and at times with other detergentsi t really bothers  his skin. with this brand of tide it doesn't seem to bother him and hes a happy kid and im a happy mom 8-) i havent used the tide free and clear in a while now so cant wait to update  .

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Hi I am Danelle, I have three kids age 9, 7 and 3. I usually do a load or two of laundry every day for my family. I don't have a baby in the house right now but my husband has had reactions to  soaps in the past, plus has skin issues and my son get hives sometimes too so I like the idea of a detergant that is free of perfumes and dyes. I really look forward to trying out Tide free and Gentle.  I would definaly look into buying my soap online f it was cost effective to get.

celticgodess
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I try to do one load a day, but I tend to do laundry in spurts.  Just diapers for a few days and then 3-4 loads in a day.  I make my own detergen for both the cost and lack of chemicals.  Ca't wait to get the free and clear ad try it out.

Momma3830
I can't wait to get my soap in the mail. I've been having dry, itchy skin lately. I've been switching soaps trying to find a good one. Maybe this might help me.

I'll post when I get my sample. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)