Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

1st birthday soon!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
But I haven't introduced eggs or dairy yet because they've been on my pediatricians no no list. I'm thinking about starting to introduce them. BG will be a year at the end of the month. I have a friend who started with eggs for a week, then dairy products (yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese) for a week, then started with milk in things. BG had trouble with me eating dairy as I breastfed when she was young but has gotten over that. Any suggestions? I really want the cute cake pictures for her 1st birthday!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
breebree04
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

If she is ok with you having dairy and bf now, I would think she will be fine with cake. The ingredients are all mixed together so its not like she is having straight dairy or just an egg. If you are planning on giving her ice cream I would start introducing some dairy now to see how she handles it. For awhile (cant remember how long, it has been too many years lol) my ds could not handle ice cream, he did fine with other dairy products but he would vomit if he had ice cream

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I think you can start trying things but a cake should be no biggie, they never really eat much of it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I agree with the others.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Happy birtrhday to her!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Happy birthday

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Happy birtrhday to her!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

She is good to go on cake. I would introduce others slowly and one product at a time,

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Happy birthday to her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoeksieNature
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I agree with this. I had the same question, but asked it in the breasfeeding group. They all assured me that baby won't be eating a lot of cake in anyway. But just in case, you could always make an egg free or diary free cake. I'm diabetic, and am getting pretty ant-sugar, lol, so I'm thinking of doing a diabetic, diary free cake. We introduced egg yelow with no problems, maybe that's a start?

Quoting Pammi86:

I think you can start trying things but a cake should be no biggie, they never really eat much of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN