Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

is it wrong of me to say no to bar?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 27 Replies

My hubby hasnt really drank much in over a year,but he just started  new job and made a new friend. Well ever since his friends been coming around hes drank everyday!! Itsdriving me crazy. We got in a HUGE fight over it last week because him andhis friend got stupid drunk DURING theday with the kids awake and he was being SO disrespectful!

Well today his friend came over while he was in the shower and ask me if my husbad could go the bar with him saturday. Luckily we already had plans to go on a double date with my mom and her friend, so i didnt have to look like a flat out bitch just saying NO. He then was telling me he wanted to go to meet girls! I'm sorry but that does not help change my mind!! My husband does not need to be out "girl" hunting with you in bars(or anywhere)!!! Then on my hubbys lunch break he(DH) texts me and asks if he can go up to the bar for a couple beers after work! UM NO. This is really pissing me off. My DH was responsible, and sweet before this guy came around, now hes like being married to a 15 year old!!! I really didnt want to be the bitch wife that says he cant be friends with him anymore, but their giving me no choice!!!! Its affecting mine and my childrens lives!... What would you do?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I would tell him, his drinking is affecting his family. I wouldn't tolerate it.

my4loves4
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

i dont know what to do, i dont wantto play mommy and forbid it but hes not giving me much choice

Quoting goddess99:

I would tell him, his drinking is affecting his family. I wouldn't tolerate it.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't deal with that at all. I would tell him to make better friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to grow up and man up. If hanging out with this guy is effecting his priorities then he needs to go. Ask him how he would feel if the shoe was on the other foot. That might help him really think and realize what is going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugdoodle313
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I wouldn't want my hubby hanging with him anyway. My SO has an immature friend that won't grow up and always wants him to go out and do childish things but luckily SO doesn't want to.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I would sit down and have a talk with him about it. Tell him how you feel and ask him how he would feel if it was you. Tell him you don't feel that it is right. Let us know how it goes.
Carmen66
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I would seriously have a long talk with him, and let him know that his friendship with this guy is taking a toll on your family. It was right of you to tell this guy that you didnt want your husband going to the bar with him. Hopefully, your husband will respect your wishes and stay home.

my4loves4
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM

He did and came home right after work last night, but not without attitude about it :/

Quoting Carmen66:

I would seriously have a long talk with him, and let him know that his friendship with this guy is taking a toll on your family. It was right of you to tell this guy that you didnt want your husband going to the bar with him. Hopefully, your husband will respect your wishes and stay home.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I agree with the others on this.
OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quoting auntangelofsix:

I agree with the others on this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN