Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help need advice

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 13 Replies
My name is Heather. I am a mom of two amazing little boys, brandon will be 3 next month and logan will be 2 in july. Anyways, their dad was never really in their lived until last december when we had our court date. Now he takes them every other week(normally ditches once a month) he only sees them because he thinks he can pay less child support, which we already agreed on a lower amount than the courts wanted. Now he is saying drop off and pick up must be done at a police station, knowing I don't have a car. I'm terrified he has something up his sleeve, I'm terrified he won't bring them back Sunday, which I already plan on calling the police if he isn't here within a few hours of drop off. I'm a nervous wreck and I'm not sure what to do! Any advice would help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Why would he not bring them back? In my experience if he skips out on some visitations and hes only gets the kids to help with cs or to show everyone he is a "good" dad, he is not going to keep them. How would keeping them benefit him? There is a court order so the police will get involved and he will still be responsible for child support.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM
He wants to ruin my life, he knows not having them would kill me, he wanted more custody just to not pay them as much, but Yup send them to a sitter, doesn't seem right. I'm kiddy nervous
pamelax3
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Just take a deep breath.. It will be ok.. He will bring them back,

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I wouldn't wait a few hours, way too much can happen in a few hours. I also wouldn't have agreed to less cs but that's your issue. In the court order it should have been stated how pick up and drop off should go. It's usually the mans responsibility to pick up and drop off at the child's home. I would contact the court attorney if you have problems.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I can't afford a lawyer
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You don't need one. The child support enforcement office has court attorneys that will handle your case.

Quoting heatherann2:

I can't afford a lawyer

heatherann2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Awesome thanks

Quoting goddess99:

You don't need one. The child support enforcement office has court attorneys that will handle your case.

Quoting heatherann2:

I can't afford a lawyer

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM
You don't have to take them to the police station. I'm sure that isn't in your visitation agreement. Make him come to your house to get them.
Brendasbuzy
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I really feel for you. Check out the lawyers at the child enforcement offices Let him know it.s a real difficaulty for you to drop off and pickup which in turn is hard on his sons. I wouldn't give in on the child support, he should pay what the court says he should pay. Hang in there and try to not worry .

heatherann2
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm waiting for a me court date, but he ditched again no worries
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)