Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone 'hide' veggies in food? PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

A friend of mine will blend veggies and use the blended form in recipes that she makes to 'disguise' them from her kids who are picky eaters.

My kids are not so picky that they do not like veggies, but they are picky enough to only eat certain ones.

So I was wondering if anyone else disguises veggies so their kids will eat them, and if so, what do you do?

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM

My dd likes veggies so I don't have to hide them but I do only use pasta sauce with veggies in my lasagnas.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM
No way. Ours learn to eat them from an early age. I will not deceive them regarding healthy food choices.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I don't but if they wouldn't eat them I don't see anything wrong with it.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
No way! My boys love them
sjenkins8208
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I used to do that ALL the time with my ds. Mostly when he was a toddler. My fave was grilled cheese with ANY veggie puree inside. I still do it sometimes, just because I can. My ds is four ow and LOVES veggies, but my dh is picky. Dh especially "hates" broccoli, which is hilarious because I made hamburgers with broccoli puree the other Monday night, dh LOVED them :)
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I add cheese to broccoli but I have not done any blends yet...sounds like a good idea:)

MJP76
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I do, but not so my kids will eat them, because it's just overall healthier. For instance I put shredded carrot in my  meatloaf. Or shredded beets in muffins..

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

My oldest daughter didnt mind certain veggies. It was the meat. If we were having spagettie then i would puree her meat in the sauce. Now that she is in school and watches the other kids eat she tries thing better now. I only give her veggies that she likes. If she will eat some then im happy. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Never had to do that.

My3beautys
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:32 AM
No my dds love veggies so much, if I put candy and veggie on the table they would go for the veggies . But even if they where not this way I would hide them in other foods. I have rules my kids have to follow and that's to eat your food and don't talk back, so if they complained I wouldn't care they can eat it or starve tell they decide to eat what I give them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)