Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be able to take the stuff I get from the baby shower home? ADVICE PLEASE!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 26 Replies

My name is Samantha, and I am sixteen years old. I am currently 31 weeks, and five days pregnant with a boy. I am still currently with the father who is 19. We have been together for three years now. When the baby comes I want my son to stay with me for at least the first few months. I will be breastfeeding. The father has a job and only gets one day off a week. I told him he can come stay for that day with us, or if my parents let me then I will go with Zander to his house for the day. But my parents seem to have come very protective of me lately, and I doubt I will be able to go there much. He lives an hour and a half away. Anyway his mother is throwing me a shower on April 29th for her side of the family. She said that she is going to keep everything I get at her house, so when we go there we will have it. I am fine with a few things going over there. That way we don't have to haul everything, but not everything. I doubt I will be staying there for more then two days out of the first three months, just because my parents.. Advice?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dewinter
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
6 moms liked this
No, she should not keep anything from the baby shower, you will need it when the baby comes. She is using your youth and inexperience against you, take everything you get from your baby shower home. You can always bring what the baby needs when you visit.
tell her if she insists on keeping anything you will not bring the baby over to visit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamma2gc
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

everything you get from the baby shower is for the baby! Everything should go where the baby is staying which is with you. She is playing a game of my side of the family bought this stuff it stays here!! Just try and politely tell her that things for the baby belong where the baby lives and you will bring things with when baby visits. If she continues to tell you what you need to do with your babies thing just tell her you are this babies mom not her it's my choice. It will hurt her, but i was a teen mom and i learned really quick that i needed to stick up for my self!! Good Luck Momma

KRIZZ25
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
it stuff u will need...that is so stupid.. maybe keep few thing but shit .. tell her no.. u will need the stuff ..u have to stand up and do whats wright for ur child,.u better get use to it.
armywife0424
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Explain to her about your parents and that you went be at her house much the first few months and by keeping the gifts she's only hurting the baby because you need those things for him. Let her know that you'll bring everything you need to her house ween you visit and that the baby will get more use out of it at your house. Is there animosity between your families?
Jennahalt
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM
No! What use will those things be over there? The baby will use them where he is. I don't get why some parents think they need a whole nursery at their place like the baby is going to move in.
decembercherish
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I am going to say watch out something sounds off. I would talk to my parents about this, I think i know why your parents are being protective of you and your baby. The things should go home with you. I am sure your mom will be there for the baby shower.Good luck hun.

LAXmom21
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in agreement. I would talk to your parents. I hope she's not going to try to take the baby.

Quoting decembercherish:

I am going to say watch out something sounds off. I would talk to my parents about this, I think i know why your parents are being protective of you and your baby. The things should go home with you. I am sure your mom will be there for the baby shower.Good luck hun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take all the stuff home with you. There is no need for her to keep it. It's not her baby. I would talk with your parents about this as well.

DazeDelights
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I agree also... all the major things you will need should go home with you. Better yet ask your parents what they plan to buy or if you're having a shower on that side of the family. You may not need their things.

Quoting LAXmom21:

I'm in agreement. I would talk to your parents. I hope she's not going to try to take the baby.

Quoting decembercherish:

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like she's throwing the shower for herself so she doesn't have to buy anything for the baby. Hmm I wouldn't even bother to go. But if you do, take the stuff you need home with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)