Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Evil step mom.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

My ex and I have been getting along for awhile now, he takes son every weekend, sometimes he has other things to do and dosent and I dont complain. He legally is supposed to provide everything for our son while he is at is house, but i ALWAYS pack everything he needs, theres been times i've even had to pack food for him for the entire weekend.

My ex and his new wife had a baby at the begining of this month. He has only taken our son one night since. (last night). I had a baby back in october, and have raised my son just the same as i did before.

My son is 3, we've been trying to potty train for a few months but having trouble with 'poop'. My ex claims i'm a bad mom because i put him in pullups. Because when hes at his house he only wears underwear and has no accidents. Our son WILL NOT poop there. Ex agrees he hasnt in months. My son says they put him in the corner for accidents. Hes suffered with constipation for awhile now because of this. Ex claims this isnt true. Son also refuses to eat there for the same reason.

Well last night, the first time they've taken him since their new baby they picked him up later than they said they would, when they got here they complained about what he was wearing because he was going to a wedding (they did not tell me beforehand so i dressed him as usual) Well ex said its okay, its not a dress up weading, so son started putting his favorite rain boots on with spiderman on them. (It was wet ands muddy out) My exs new wife, said "No those are ugly" That beyond pissed me off, i stayed calm but with a shitty tone replied "Hes 3, if he wants to wear his boots he can, its wet outside, isnt that what rain boots are for?' After they left i got a text from my ex saying I was out of line for talking to her that way. This REALLY pissed me off, She was in MY home, making fun of MY sons boots, how was I out of line?

Today they dropped him off early because 'they had things to do' As soon as he walks through the door my son says "I hate you mommy, Daddy and amy are my friends" I asked why he was saying that he says "Daddy says to"

What do I do?  I cant afford a lawyer, and my exs church pays for everything for them. The church just got them a new house, bought them a car, a new tv, new furniture. Has even bailed BOTH the losers out of JAIL! Theres something corrupt going on there but idk what or why. I know the church will buy him a lawyer and since they are a church and SUPPOSED to be good people judges are going to listen to them! I am so lost, I have never been in trouble with the law, i dont do drugs, spank my kids, drink, anything that could be held agianst me, but at the same time I also know the law can be just as corrupt as the church. I'm afraid if i try to bring this all to court to get him to have less custody it will blow up in my face and he will get more.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Wow. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Did you try family court? They can set you up with a lawyer and it's free. Good luck!
DazeDelights
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this
What are you more scared of? The law or letting your son to continue to go through this? Try the family court idea. That's a starting point.

I also would not tolerate disrespect from the ex nor his wife. If she can speak her mind so can you. If mommy doesn't stand up for him who will? Idk if you are worried about losing custody but I wouldn't be...he doesn't seem to want to be a ft parent to him now that he has his new family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I wouldn't allow my child to go back for the sheer fact that they punish him for accidents.. That's a big no no. Accidents are just that.. Accidents.

as far as the way you spoke to her, you showed more restraint than I would have. kudos!

I guess what I would do, is since they often "have things to do" then I'd probably also have a shit ton "of things to do" so.. Oops they can't have him that weekend. I'd also have a sit down with you ex alone, and express your feelings about his absenteeism, and his ex, and his method for punishing your child for an accident, and continue to "be busy" with you son every weekend, until you two can come to terms.

my4loves4
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

i'm not worried about losing custody, im worried if i push for less he'll push for more. I have a thousand things agianst him, but theres no way to acually PROVE any of it in court. Its all just what i see or my son tells me, and of coarse him and his wife are going to say im lying.

Quoting DazeDelights:

What are you more scared of? The law or letting your son to continue to go through this? Try the family court idea. That's a starting point.

I also would not tolerate disrespect from the ex nor his wife. If she can speak her mind so can you. If mommy doesn't stand up for him who will? Idk if you are worried about losing custody but I wouldn't be...he doesn't seem to want to be a ft parent to him now that he has his new family.

my4loves4
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Well we have it set up in court that i have him monday-friday, and he has him saturday and sunday. He bails on his days all the time, but i dont know what the law says about me not letting him take him on his days. i'm pretty sure i can get in trouble for not letting him go on his days, Which is BS, I mean i cant call the cops when he DOSENT show but when he randomly wants to i have to let him go?
Quoting MJP76:

I wouldn't allow my child to go back for the sheer fact that they punish him for accidents.. That's a big no no. Accidents are just that.. Accidents.

as far as the way you spoke to her, you showed more restraint than I would have. kudos!

I guess what I would do, is since they often "have things to do" then I'd probably also have a shit ton "of things to do" so.. Oops they can't have him that weekend. I'd also have a sit down with you ex alone, and express your feelings about his absenteeism, and his ex, and his method for punishing your child for an accident, and continue to "be busy" with you son every weekend, until you two can come to terms.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
We have something here in IL that helps with people with out much money for court see if u have it in your state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I'd check on that, and then revisit family court.

Quoting my4loves4:

Well we have it set up in court that i have him monday-friday, and he has him saturday and sunday. He bails on his days all the time, but i dont know what the law says about me not letting him take him on his days. i'm pretty sure i can get in trouble for not letting him go on his days, Which is BS, I mean i cant call the cops when he DOSENT show but when he randomly wants to i have to let him go?
Quoting MJP76:

natalieumphrey
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

WOW im so sorry that youhave to experience this. I hope that you are able to work this out.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I would try to sit down with just the ex and talk to him how you feel. If the stuff still happens then I would take it back to court. The family court would be a good idea.

NikkiGross42
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would keep a record of all the times he misses. Then you can push for more time on your part.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)