Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: It's Our Tuesday Coffee Break! What's On YOUR Mind?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

One member who replies to this post by March 20th at 11pm EST will WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Let's CHAT Giveaway starts 3/19/13 at 9am (ET) and ends 3/20/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Replies (141-150):
maribou
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I keep reading all the posts about snow and am thinking 'What?!?'

A little chilly this morning (40's) but suppose to be 70 by this afternoon.  Stay safe and warm peeps.

Car trouble, car trouble, car trouble ---- that's what we have around here.  That puts The Hubs in a horrible mood which just makes the house walk on egg shells.  

So, guess I'll try to dive into some house or yard work today.  Big problem is, dh is working from home this week ---- sigh.

Have a good one !!!1 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Your husband sounds hard working doing his best to support you and the baby. Don't let your FIL get you down. Just let your DH know how much you appreciate him and all he does.

Quoting Luvizth3drug:

Hey ladies. Well I had a terrible night lastnight. My husband and I live with his parents and his dad is a complete butt towards him, well my husband does landscaping everyday, he just started like 4 weeks ago and everything is starting to hit off. So it was raining all day yesterday and he was working (not cutting grass cause of the rain) like trimming bushes and stuff like that and his dad gets mad at him for not cutting his wet grass..anyone with common since knows your not suppose to cut wet grass. But I guess that was my husbands last straw so he told me he was leaving before they got into a fight and I wouldn't have a place to stay. He feels like nothing he does is good enough for his dad, he has been out everyday working his butt off and his dad can't even be like "look at my son trying to make something for his wife and son" no he has to complain cause his wet grass didn't get cut. Then after my husband left I told his dad how he felt and why he left and all he could say is "he doesn't do anything" wow it pissed me off...my husband is trying his hardest to provide for me and our baby, his dad also got mad cause my husband spent money on my babyshower...wtf but anyways I had to vent sorry if it's too long.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Hahaha. You are a better person than me. I would rather do dishes than laundry any day.  :)

Quoting DEJavu17:

I dont mind washing it. I dont mind drying it. I could live without folding and putting it away!! lol.

But..I think I hate doing dishes more. Thank god I have a dishwasher to do most of that job for me.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

And that is exactly why I hate laundry. It isnt just one chore. It is like six...lol

Sort, inside out/check pockets, wash, dry, fold and put away. Oh and extra time consuming if it needs to be hung or ironed. Sigh, have I mentioned how much I hate laundry.

Quoting DEJavu17:

i did my laundry sunday, now it just needs put away.. *sigh*

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I have a couple of laundry baskets that need to be washed. Sigh, laundry is my least favorite thing.

Quoting DEJavu17:

I have nothing to do today, well except clean my house, that desperately needs it.

insanemomof4
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my u certainly have a houseful huh. My 4 kids are ages 10 on the 27th he's a Nathan too. Then Emily 11, Nicholas 13 and Amanda 15, they to are home today due to snow. Spring hurry up and arrive please.

Quoting MomofHDFandNWF:

Snow day here!  Which means a full house for me - Hannah(7), Joey(4), Tyler(3), Joshie(2), Nathan and Landon(2 in May), and Bryden.... If I make it through a house full of kids in a snow storm, I can make it through most anything!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM
We're having hamburgers and French fries

Quoting bertie4:

Work, run errans when I get off. Trying to think of what to have for supper.......hmm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkpetals336
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK , WHEN I GO SEE MY SURGEON. ILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE TOO. I CANT WAIT UNTIL I CAN FEEL NO MORE PAIN IN MY FINGER. I WAS GOING TO NOT GO THROUGH W IT,BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE A HAMMER FINGER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. ENOUGH OF THAT TALK, ANYHOW, TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. WHERE DO U LIVE?

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

So many moms are getting snow right now.

It is scary anytime our little ones need to see the doctor outside of routine visits, but like you said, you may finally be getting an answer. Once you have the answer, you can do whatever is necessary to keep him healthy. Just think happy thoughts mama.

Quoting Scissorhappy798:

Good morning! I can't believe how much it is snowing here this morning!! My son says is it Christmas again Mama? I can't wait for Spring!! Not much going on here today... I'm starting to feel a little anxious about an appt my 3 year old has with an Immunoigist. He is sick ALOT!! I hope they may have an answer, but in a way that scares me too! Idk... I cross we'll cross that bridge when we get there... Have a great day ladies!! :)

MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I'm trying my hand at meal planning. Today is day #2. Day #1 didn't work out because dh had us at the hospital so dd and I had cafeteria food.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

You are like me, I have no idea what to make for dinner and end up thinking about it all day..lol

Quoting bertie4:

Work, run errans when I get off. Trying to think of what to have for supper.......hmm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I'm getting a headache thinking about it......ugh it's unfair and there should be laws against this

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Well that stinks!

Hopefully they dont cause any problems or maybe they wont move afterall.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

My daughters dad and sm are supposed to be moving closer to where we are now we moved to get away from them and they are still trying to cause problems

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Stay safe. Where are yous?

Quoting blueeyes2000:

We are making the 12 hour drive back home. Freeways were closed yesterday so we had an extra day at the cabin. The roads still aren't that great snow covered and icy in areas. It's going to be a long day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)