Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!! piog

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so for the last month and a half my DD has been getting bites on her body. It is all over and she usually has at least 5 at a time. They itch and sometimes hurt. I took her to the doctor for it once and asked about it again a second time when my other DD went to the doctor for a physical. The doctor said that it is just bug bites and she is allergic so they get bigger and red and itchy. 

Well she woke up last night to go potty and she has another one on her ankle. She may have gotten it earlier in the day yesterday and just hadn't noticed until last night. I am so tired of it. I feel awful for her. She is the only one in the family getting them. I am at a loss here. I googled bedbugs and checked her bed for them, but foudabsolutely nothing. 

What should i do? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilsis65
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Do you have animals? It could be fleas. I would put a bug bom off in the house and wash everything in her room down really good. Then spray some lysol on her bed. Good luck. She can bring fleas in from the yard also so I would have my yard sprayed because of other peaples animals.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I thought bedbugs or fleas too. Maybe there's a spidar nest in her room? Idk?? Good luck. Poor thing =(

chattycassie
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I was thinking bed bugs also. I would bomb the house and clean everything to make sure. If it is not bed bugs at least the bombs will kill anything it is.

breebree04
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I went through something similar with my ds last fall. First dr told me it was some kind of virus and gave him antibiotic ointment. The bumps all cleared up but then came back like two months later. Took him back to the dr and a different dr in the office said it was some kind of bug bite. I checked/cleaned his room, he still had them for a couple weeks. I told the dr he had several friends spend the night and they didnt get bit by anything and he went and stayed at grandparents house and still had more bites. I dont know what it really was but it ended up going away after a couple weeks.

little.worthen
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I would imagine bed bugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

check with your drs.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I was thinking bed bugs or fleas as well.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Bed bugs or fleas. Bed bugs are hard to get rid of. Even to recognize sometimes. I would call out a professional if it isn't fleas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yeah, I thought bedbugs or fleas too.

Quoting goddess99:

I thought bedbugs or fleas too. Maybe there's a spidar nest in her room? Idk?? Good luck. Poor thing =(

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would say bed bugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)