Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you dye eggs for Easter? What do you like to use?

We use the cups and dye tablets.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (31-37):
breebree04
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Worked really good. We let the kids write/draw pics on them with crayons first then we dyed them with the kool aid. It worked good and the best part was it smells really good while your doing it. We had to make a pitcher of kool aid when we were done because the kids were craving it after smelling it the whole time :)

Quoting goddess99:

I've seen that too. You'll have to let us know how it works out.

Quoting breebree04:

Thats what I use too but I saw something on FB about using kool aid packets. Might give that a try this year.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sounds fun, you should post a pic =)

Quoting breebree04:

Worked really good. We let the kids write/draw pics on them with crayons first then we dyed them with the kool aid. It worked good and the best part was it smells really good while your doing it. We had to make a pitcher of kool aid when we were done because the kids were craving it after smelling it the whole time :)

Quoting goddess99:

I've seen that too. You'll have to let us know how it works out.

Quoting breebree04:

Thats what I use too but I saw something on FB about using kool aid packets. Might give that a try this year.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

The younger two girls dye eggs at their grandma's house. I've gotten lazy and started using plastic. White tile and egg dye doesn't mix.

MySweetChild
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM

We always just get a dye kit, with the cups and tabs.  But I saw on FB about the kool aid, really wished I would have just tried that, but I already bought the kit for this year.  Looking forwards to seeing how they turn out!!

For those who have used vinegar, does it really make the colors more vibrant??

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I put vinegar in 2 cups this year but it didn't do anything.

Quoting MySweetChild:

We always just get a dye kit, with the cups and tabs.  But I saw on FB about the kool aid, really wished I would have just tried that, but I already bought the kit for this year.  Looking forwards to seeing how they turn out!!

MySweetChild
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

That is what I was wondering.  I don't usually keep vinegar in my house, so it is something I buy for rare occassions, I just wondered if it really made a difference and worth the hassle.  My DD always just loves the whole process, not necessarily the final outcome anyway.  :) 

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting MySweetChild:

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say not to make a special trip to the store just for that then.

Quoting MySweetChild:

That is what I was wondering.  I don't usually keep vinegar in my house, so it is something I buy for rare occassions, I just wondered if it really made a difference and worth the hassle.  My DD always just loves the whole process, not necessarily the final outcome anyway.  :) 

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting MySweetChild:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)