Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cleaning schedules?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
My house used to always be spotless. With my toddler terror always up my butt it stays a distaster anymore. I try to clean when I can but it gets a bit overwhelming. I have been looking into starting a cleaning schedule. Does anyone have a good cleaning schedule or links to a printable one that works for you? I've found about a zillion on pinterest and I am just not sure what to go with!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Idk IMO just to straighten up a house only takes about an hour. A deep cleaning takes about 4 -6 hours. 

If you just take an hour to straighten up and designate areas for the kids to play, your home should stay fairly clean.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I clean things as needed. No schedule here.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Imo i clean when i need too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I clean as needed.

Jlcamp
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I keep things picked up during the well then usually sweep and mop on weekends. Dishes i do every other day.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I clean when needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I never had a schedule. Now that our sons are grown, one out of the house and the other 17, I still wouldn't do a schedule. It would make no sense, for example, cleaning the living-room on Tuesday when the bedroom needs more attention, or cleaning windows when the bathroom is getting bad. Just tidy up when needed and clean when you can. Your children are not going to stay young forever (see above). Enjoy playing, reading and spending time with your babies while you can. I miss that more than anything in the world. Our home was never as neat as a pin, but it certainly wasn't a disaster either. We have wonderful memories of things we did instead of clean the house. Please don't get all caught up in a neat house. They still laugh at the pictures we drew and how bad I was at making things with our home-made play-dough. The cakes we made for dad while he was at work were hysterical! I took pics of every one. Don't let these memories pass you by.

I am in NO way bashing you. I just remember feeling like you did. Wanting to keep things in order and feeling like I was just running around getting nothing done when the boys were little. I don't regret letting things go a while in the slightest!

I really didn't mean to lecture. lol. I guess I'm just getting sentimental this evening. I so love being a mom and I enjoyed my boys so much.

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I use an app on my Ipad that zones the rooms, I spend now 30 minutes of cleaning and I have 2-3 days to "zone" a room focusing on certain points we miss, Only becuase just cleaning..isn't clean enough. So far it works , before my house would be like 'half' clean now it stays pretty straight

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I clean as needed but I never feel like its where I want it. I think a designated to do list of ex: Tuesday- scrub kitchen floor, counters, microwave, clean trash can, clean fridge, etc would make me feel more like I am accomplishing things and less like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off lol.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

I use an app on my Ipad that zones the rooms, I spend now 30 minutes of cleaning and I have 2-3 days to "zone" a room focusing on certain points we miss, Only becuase just cleaning..isn't clean enough. So far it works , before my house would be like 'half' clean now it stays pretty straight

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Its just me and the two kids for the majority of the week. Then weekends are always super busy for us. So 4-6 hours is like a lifetime lol. I guess I'm just in a spring cleaning mood and feel like everything isn't clean enough. I want to deep clean little by little throughout the month. Hopefully that makes sense? Then it seems way less overwhelming.

Quoting MJP76:

Idk IMO just to straighten up a house only takes about an hour. A deep cleaning takes about 4 -6 hours. 

If you just take an hour to straighten up and designate areas for the kids to play, your home should stay fairly clean.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)