Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling advice HELPP

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

any moms got any help for me on homeschooling what program to use whats best?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this

That depends on your state laws, your child and other factors. I suggest that you join the Happy Homeschoolers group on here. The ladies are a fountain of information and support. Now, what state do you live in, how old are your kids, do you know how they learn best?

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I also suggest joining a homeschooling group. Good luck with everything.

maribou
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

First and foremost, check your state laws.  Join a homeschool group in your area.  There are also charter schools that are homeschools.  They basically provide all of the curriculum and an online teacher, but it is up to you to do the day to day stuff with them.  My kids loved it and since it is considered a public school, when they did go back to public school it was just a transfer.

Good Luck - it can seem overwhelming, but remember baby steps AND be flexible and if something doesn't work, try something else. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM
My daughter did online homeschooling. It was really nice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We did unschooling but I really like Seton. 

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I would try everything possible before homeschool.  My daughter had to do online school last year for a semester, was awful lol.  Son went to public, he had to, he's legally blind.  Daughter is now in a public schoool, she loves it.  Next year for H.S. she will be going to a Charter

hoover1989
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
What's unschooling?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

We did unschooling but I really like Seton. 

hoover1989
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Thank you yea I haven't even checked our laws yet lol

Quoting maribou:

First and foremost, check your state laws.  Join a homeschool group in your area.  There are also charter schools that are homeschools.  They basically provide all of the curriculum and an online teacher, but it is up to you to do the day to day stuff with them.  My kids loved it and since it is considered a public school, when they did go back to public school it was just a transfer.

Good Luck - it can seem overwhelming, but remember baby steps AND be flexible and if something doesn't work, try something else. 

hoover1989
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I live in ky and I got 2 boys 4 and 5 the 4 year old is in preschool already but the 5 year old will be starting kindergarten in fall

Quoting momtoBrenna:

That depends on your state laws, your child and other factors. I suggest that you join the Happy Homeschoolers group on here. The ladies are a fountain of information and support. Now, what state do you live in, how old are your kids, do you know how they learn best?

momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

It looks like you don't have to do anything until they are 6. That gives you plenty of time to decide what works and what doesn't. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)