Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

homeschool or public ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Which one do you do or want to do ? I'm part of a mom group and alot of  the mothers said homeschool, Me personally my children will be going to public I would love to send them to private school but we just dont have the money for that but sending them to public gets them out of the house, be around children and learn in a different enviroment etc:) what do you ladies do ?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
jojo_star
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Public school, because I don't have the training, patience, or want to be a teacher. We did make sure we moved into a good school district, and we are very happy.

punkasscanuck
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

public school. ours are great. its all country kids :)

AleaKat
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Public
Can't afford private school like my sister can... Bitter face* lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Same here.

Quoting Emmamomma130:

public, we can't afford private school!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids go to public schools and I'm not patient enough to homeschool. I think home school would be boring to my kids, they like being around other kids. 

DixieFlower
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM

You can get all of the things you mention through homeschooling as well. Homeschooling doesn't mean your children just sit at home and do school work. There are co op groups for learning with homeschooling, there are many extra curricular activities that homeschoolers participate in as well. Homeschooling is what the person doing the homeschooling is the one that makes the experience. Where I live homeschoolers participate in 4H, FFA, Boy Scouts, intramural sports. They also have proms, dances, and a formal graduation. Most people who homeschool are not doing it to shelter their children.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

My kids are and will go to public school. I dont like them having such a sheltered life.I think they need to be around other children thier own age and learn the same things together everyday. Thats good socialization and it teaches them how to live in this world when we arent around anymore. You cant get that at home. 

DixieFlower
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Right now it depends on the school my children will be zoned to attend when we move in May. If it's a school that is currently failing on standardized tests I will be homeschooling our sons. I have helped my mother homeschool my nephew since he was 6 yrs old. He will be 16 in May.

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My kids go to an amazing public school.

I have no interrest in private school, as our public school is superior to our local private schools.

I personally have no interest in homeschooling for many reasons.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand that but its just my opinion considering the fact that i have two friends that have recently decided to put thier boys and girl in public school because they were'nt thriving at home.My brother-in-law was homeschooled up until he was a junior in highschool and decided to go to public. His mom wasnt happy with it. Its different for everyone but i am right that you cant get that at home. Homeschool is WAY different than public school. The after activities dont count towards that in my opinion. Nothing wrong with homeschooling at all. Everyone is and works different. But their are things that you can and cant get from public or homeschool and there is absolutly no argument there. ;)

Quoting DixieFlower:

You can get all of the things you mention through homeschooling as well. Homeschooling doesn't mean your children just sit at home and do school work. There are co op groups for learning with homeschooling, there are many extra curricular activities that homeschoolers participate in as well. Homeschooling is what the person doing the homeschooling is the one that makes the experience. Where I live homeschoolers participate in 4H, FFA, Boy Scouts, intramural sports. They also have proms, dances, and a formal graduation. Most people who homeschool are not doing it to shelter their children.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

My kids are and will go to public school. I dont like them having such a sheltered life.I think they need to be around other children thier own age and learn the same things together everyday. Thats good socialization and it teaches them how to live in this world when we arent around anymore. You cant get that at home. 

mcginnisc
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

My kids go to a Private Christian school. We love it. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)